How to buy Reef Casino Trust (RCT) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Reef Casino Trust shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Reef Casino Trust is a resorts & casinos business based in Australia. Reef Casino Trust shares (RCT) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Reef Casino Trust has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $15.7 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Reef Casino Trust
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Reef Casino Trust. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: RCT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Reef Casino Trust reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Reef Casino Trust. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Reef Casino Trust key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Reef Casino Trust stock a buy or sell?
- Reef Casino Trust performance over time
- Reef Casino Trust's financials
- How volatile are Reef Casino Trust shares?
- Does Reef Casino Trust pay a dividend?
- Have Reef Casino Trust shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Reef Casino Trust stock price (ASX:RCT)Use our graph to track the performance of RCT stocks over time.
Reef Casino Trust shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.6082 - $2.6195|
|50-day moving average||$2.4631|
|200-day moving average||$2.4169|
|Dividend yield||$0.098 (3.77%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.134|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Reef Casino Trust stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Reef Casino Trust price performance over time
|1 month (2021-07-02)||-2.49%|
|3 months (2021-04-30)||-6.00%|
Is Reef Casino Trust under- or over-valued?
Valuing Reef Casino Trust stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Reef Casino Trust's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Reef Casino Trust's EBITDA
Reef Casino Trust's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $8.7 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Reef Casino Trust's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Reef Casino Trust financials
|Revenue TTM||$15.7 million|
|Operating margin TTM||32.23%|
|Gross profit TTM||$13.8 million|
|Return on assets TTM||3.13%|
|Return on equity TTM||-2.04%|
|Market capitalisation||$132 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Reef Casino Trust share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 23.2% of net profits
Recently Reef Casino Trust has paid out, on average, around 23.2% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 8.23% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Reef Casino Trust shareholders could enjoy a 8.23% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Reef Casino Trust's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.098 per share.
While Reef Casino Trust's payout ratio might seem low, this can signify that Reef Casino Trust is investing more in its future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 28 June 2021 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have Reef Casino Trust's shares ever split?
Reef Casino Trust's shares were split on a 1:20 basis on 4 September 2001. So if you had owned 20 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Reef Casino Trust shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Reef Casino Trust shares which in turn could have impacted Reef Casino Trust's share price.
Reef Casino Trust share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Reef Casino Trust's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.6082 up to $2.6195. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Reef Casino Trust's is 1.181. This would suggest that Reef Casino Trust's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Reef Casino Trust overview
Reef Casino Trust owns and leases the Reef Hotel Casino complex located in Cairns, North Queensland, Australia. The company was founded in 1993 and is based in Brisbane, Australia. Reef Casino Trust is a subsidiary of Reef Casino Investments Pty Ltd.
Stocks similar to Reef Casino Trust
Reef Casino Trust in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the X2M Connect IPO
Everything we know about the X2M Connect IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Industrial Minerals (IND.AU) shares
Steps to owning and managing Industrial Minerals shares.
How to invest in the SSH Group IPO
Everything we know about the SSH Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Iris Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Iris Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Why is the Crown Resorts (CWN) share price sinking?
Shares in the casino operator have lost a quarter of their value from a year-high hit in May.
How to invest in the Li-S Energy IPO
Everything we know about the Li-S Energy IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO
Everything we know about the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the TEK-Ocean Group IPO
Everything we know about the TEK-Ocean Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy HNC Coin (HNC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hellenic Coin (HNC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Maro (MARO) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Maro (MARO) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert