How to buy Redcape Hotel Group shares
Own Redcape Hotel Group shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Redcape Hotel Group is a resorts & casinos business based in Australia. Redcape Hotel Group shares (RDC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Redcape Hotel Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $270.7 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Redcape Hotel Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Redcape Hotel Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: RDC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Redcape Hotel Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Redcape Hotel Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Redcape Hotel Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Redcape Hotel Group stock a buy or sell?
- Redcape Hotel Group performance over time
- Are Redcape Hotel Group shares over-valued?
- Redcape Hotel Group's financials
- How volatile are Redcape Hotel Group shares?
- Does Redcape Hotel Group pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Redcape Hotel Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of RDC stocks over time.
Redcape Hotel Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.5755 - $1.08|
|50-day moving average||$1.0201|
|200-day moving average||$0.9603|
|Dividend yield||$0.04 (3.88%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.035|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Redcape Hotel Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Redcape Hotel Group price performance over time
|1 week (2021-06-08)||0.95%|
|1 month (2021-05-14)||1.92%|
|3 months (2021-03-15)||18.44%|
|6 months (2020-12-15)||12.17%|
|1 year (2020-06-15)||36.77%|
|2 years (2019-06-14)||-5.36%|
Is Redcape Hotel Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Redcape Hotel Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Redcape Hotel Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Redcape Hotel Group's P/E ratio
Redcape Hotel Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 30x. In other words, Redcape Hotel Group shares trade at around 30x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Redcape Hotel Group's EBITDA
Redcape Hotel Group's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $51.2 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Redcape Hotel Group's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Redcape Hotel Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$270.7 million|
|Operating margin TTM||13.48%|
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||1.97%|
|Return on equity TTM||3.05%|
|Market capitalisation||$579.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Redcape Hotel Group share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 1.45% of net profits
Recently Redcape Hotel Group has paid out, on average, around 1.45% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 10.37% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Redcape Hotel Group shareholders could enjoy a 10.37% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Redcape Hotel Group's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.04 per share.
While Redcape Hotel Group's payout ratio might seem low, this can signify that Redcape Hotel Group is investing more in its future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 28 June 2021 (the "ex-dividend date").
Redcape Hotel Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Redcape Hotel Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.5755 up to $1.08. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Redcape Hotel Group's is 0.9554. This would suggest that Redcape Hotel Group's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Redcape Hotel Group overview
Redcape Hotel Group, a hospitality company, owns and operates hotels in Australia. It operates 32 hotels in New South Wales and Queensland, as well as 23 bottle shops, four motels, and The Australian Brewery. The company was founded in 2013 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Power outage in Victoria: Don’t forget to claim for food spoilage
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day home deals to expect: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Ask an Expert