How to buy Red River Resources shares | A$0.2
Own Red River Resources shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Red River Resources Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Red River Resources shares (RVR) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.2 – an increase of 8.11% over the previous week. Red River Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $63.2 million.
How to buy shares in Red River Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Red River Resources . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: RVR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Red River Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.2, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Red River Resources . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Red River Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Red River Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Red River Resources performance over time
- Are Red River Resources shares over-valued?
- Red River Resources 's financials
- How volatile are Red River Resources shares?
- Does Red River Resources pay a dividend?
- Have Red River Resources shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Red River Resources 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Red River Resources 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.2, which is 51.50% up on its pre-crash value of $0.097 and 376.19% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.042.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Red River Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $400.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,904.76.
Red River Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of RVR stocks over time.
Red River Resources shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.2|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.042 - AUDA$0.2025|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.1478|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.1026|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.002|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Red River Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Red River Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-16)||8.11%|
|1 month (2020-09-25)||53.85%|
|3 months (2020-07-24)||90.48%|
|6 months (2020-04-24)||244.83%|
|1 year (2019-10-24)||33.33%|
|2 years (2018-10-24)||5.26%|
|3 years (2017-10-24)||-34.43%|
|5 years (2015-10-23)||48.15%|
Is Red River Resources under- or over-valued?
Valuing Red River Resources stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Red River Resources 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Red River Resources 's P/E ratio
Red River Resources 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 56x. In other words, Red River Resources shares trade at around 56x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Red River Resources 's EBITDA
Red River Resources 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $15.4 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Red River Resources 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Red River Resources financials
|Revenue TTM||$63.2 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$11.8 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-9.29%|
|Return on equity TTM||-12.44%|
|Market capitalisation||$95.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Red River Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Red River Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Red River Resources 's shares ever split?
Red River Resources 's shares were split on 14 June 2007. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Red River Resources shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new INF% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Red River Resources shares which in turn could have impacted Red River Resources 's share price.
Red River Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Red River Resources 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.042 up to $0.2025. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Red River Resources 's is 2.2328. This would suggest that Red River Resources 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Red River Resources overview
Red River Resources Limited explores for and develops mineral projects in Australia. It explores for zinc, copper, lead, gold, silver, and base metal deposits. It owns an interest in the Thalanga project located in Queensland; and the Hillgrove project situated in Armidale, New South Wales. The company was incorporated 2002 and is based in Charters Towers, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Where to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia.
Ask an Expert