How to buy Rectifier Technologies shares
Own Rectifier Technologies shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Rectifier Technologies Limited is an electrical equipment & parts business based in Australia. Rectifier Technologies shares (RFT) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Rectifier Technologies has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $16.1 million..
How to buy shares in Rectifier Technologies
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Rectifier Technologies . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: RFT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Rectifier Technologies reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.039, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Rectifier Technologies . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Rectifier Technologies key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Rectifier Technologies stock a buy or sell?
- Rectifier Technologies performance over time
- Are Rectifier Technologies shares over-valued?
- Rectifier Technologies 's financials
- How volatile are Rectifier Technologies shares?
- Does Rectifier Technologies pay a dividend?
- Have Rectifier Technologies shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Rectifier Technologies share priceUse our graph to track the performance of RFT stocks over time.
Rectifier Technologies shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.0196 - $0.047|
|50-day moving average||$0.039|
|200-day moving average||$0.0395|
|Dividend yield||N/A (2.38%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.001|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Rectifier Technologies stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Rectifier Technologies price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-18)||5.41%|
|1 month (2020-12-24)||0%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||-13.33%|
|6 months (2020-07-24)||8.33%|
|1 year (2020-01-24)||-9.30%|
|2 years (2019-01-25)||11.43%|
|3 years (2018-01-25)||77.27%|
|5 years (2016-01-25)||550.00%|
Is Rectifier Technologies under- or over-valued?
Valuing Rectifier Technologies stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Rectifier Technologies 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Rectifier Technologies 's P/E ratio
Rectifier Technologies 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 42x. In other words, Rectifier Technologies shares trade at around 42x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Rectifier Technologies 's EBITDA
Rectifier Technologies 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $3.5 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Rectifier Technologies 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Rectifier Technologies financials
|Revenue TTM||$16.1 million|
|Operating margin TTM||20.3%|
|Gross profit TTM||$10.3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||12.72%|
|Return on equity TTM||21.63%|
|Market capitalisation||$57.7 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Rectifier Technologies share dividends
We're not expecting Rectifier Technologies to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Rectifier Technologies 's shares ever split?
Rectifier Technologies 's shares were split on 30 July 2003.
Rectifier Technologies share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Rectifier Technologies 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.0196 up to $0.047. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Rectifier Technologies 's is -0.1027. This would suggest that Rectifier Technologies 's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Rectifier Technologies has bucked the trend.
Rectifier Technologies overview
Rectifier Technologies Limited designs and manufactures power rectifiers in Australia, Asia, North America, South America, Europe, and Oceania. It offers electronic components; rectifiers, controllers, accessories, and systems for the power generation, distribution, and defense industries; and power supplies for the transport and telecommunications industries. The company also provides electric vehicle and battery charges, and power supplies; and electronic and specialized magnetic components. Rectifier Technologies Limited was incorporated in 1992 and is based in Burwood, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Rectifier Technologies units | A$51.67
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Rectifier Technologies units | A$52.89
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Rectifier Technologies units | A$104.57
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Rectifier Technologies units | A$24.01
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Rectifier Technologies units | A$90.36
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Rectifier Technologies units | A$17.23
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Rectifier Technologies units | A$75.54
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Rectifier Technologies units | A$50.6
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Rectifier Technologies units | A$9.38
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert