How to buy Rand Mining shares
Own Rand Mining shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Rand Mining Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Rand Mining shares (RND) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Rand Mining has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $2.8 million..
How to buy shares in Rand Mining
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Rand Mining . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: RND. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Rand Mining reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.9, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Rand Mining . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Rand Mining key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Rand Mining stock a buy or sell?
- Rand Mining performance over time
- Are Rand Mining shares over-valued?
- Rand Mining 's financials
- How volatile are Rand Mining shares?
- Does Rand Mining pay a dividend?
- Have Rand Mining shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Rand Mining share priceUse our graph to track the performance of RND stocks over time.
Rand Mining shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.4319 - $2.37|
|50-day moving average||$1.8473|
|200-day moving average||$2.0911|
|Dividend yield||$0.1 (5.26%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$1.12|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Rand Mining stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Rand Mining price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-16)||N/A|
|1 month (2020-12-24)||4.97%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||-21.16%|
|6 months (2020-07-24)||-12.04%|
|1 year (2020-01-24)||-18.10%|
|2 years (2019-01-25)||-7.77%|
|3 years (2018-01-25)||-34.48%|
|5 years (2016-01-25)||40.74%|
Is Rand Mining under- or over-valued?
Valuing Rand Mining stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Rand Mining 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Rand Mining 's P/E ratio
Rand Mining 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 2x. In other words, Rand Mining shares trade at around 2x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Rand Mining 's EBITDA
Rand Mining 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $2 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Rand Mining 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Rand Mining financials
|Revenue TTM||$2.8 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$5.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-1.57%|
|Return on equity TTM||-1.71%|
|Market capitalisation||$114.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Rand Mining share dividends
We're not expecting Rand Mining to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Rand Mining 's shares ever split?
Rand Mining 's shares were split on 4 December 2009.
Rand Mining share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Rand Mining 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.4319 up to $2.37. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Rand Mining 's is 0.1047. This would suggest that Rand Mining 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Rand Mining overview
Rand Mining Limited explores for, develops, and produces mineral properties in Australia. It primarily explores for gold and silver deposits. The company holds a 12.25% interest in the East Kundana Joint Venture located to the west north west of Kalgoorlie and north east of Coolgardie. It also has a 50% interest in the Seven Mile Hill project in Western Australia. The company was incorporated in 1966 and is based in South Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Rand Mining units | A$51.67
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Rand Mining units | A$52.89
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Rand Mining units | A$104.57
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Rand Mining units | A$24.01
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Rand Mining units | A$90.36
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Rand Mining units | A$17.23
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Rand Mining units | A$75.54
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Rand Mining units | A$50.6
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Rand Mining units | A$9.38
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert