How to buy Quantum Graphite shares
Own Quantum Graphite shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Quantum Graphite Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Quantum Graphite shares (QGL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Quantum Graphite has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $536,605.
How to buy shares in Quantum Graphite
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Quantum Graphite . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: QGL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Quantum Graphite reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.051, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Quantum Graphite . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Quantum Graphite key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Quantum Graphite stock a buy or sell?
- Quantum Graphite performance over time
- Quantum Graphite 's financials
- How volatile are Quantum Graphite shares?
- Does Quantum Graphite pay a dividend?
- Have Quantum Graphite shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Quantum Graphite 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Quantum Graphite 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.051, which is 21.57% up on its pre-crash value of $0.04 and 45.71% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.035.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Quantum Graphite shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $720.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,020.00.
Quantum Graphite share priceUse our graph to track the performance of QGL stocks over time.
Quantum Graphite shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.021 - $0.105|
|50-day moving average||$0.0526|
|200-day moving average||$0.0391|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.0121|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Quantum Graphite stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Quantum Graphite price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-08)||0%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||0%|
|3 months (2020-10-16)||0%|
|6 months (2020-07-17)||54.55%|
|1 year (2020-01-16)||-27.14%|
|2 years (2019-01-16)||-27.14%|
|3 years (2018-01-16)||-98.73%|
|5 years (2016-01-15)||-98.73%|
Quantum Graphite financials
|Gross profit TTM||$536,605|
|Return on assets TTM||-4.02%|
|Return on equity TTM||-6.05%|
|Market capitalisation||$11.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Quantum Graphite share dividends
We're not expecting Quantum Graphite to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Quantum Graphite 's shares ever split?
Quantum Graphite 's shares were split on a 1:35 basis on 29 November 2019. So if you had owned 35 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Quantum Graphite shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 3400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Quantum Graphite shares which in turn could have impacted Quantum Graphite 's share price.
Quantum Graphite share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Quantum Graphite 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.021 up to $0.105. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Quantum Graphite 's is 2.4819. This would suggest that Quantum Graphite 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Quantum Graphite overview
Quantum Graphite Limited engages in the exploration, mining, processing, manufacture, and sale of graphite and related products. It owns the Mikkira graphite deposit, which comprises its flagship project the Uley graphite project that includes five contiguous mining tenements located on the Eyre Peninsula, South Australia. The company was formerly known as Valence Industries Limited and changed its name to Quantum Graphite Limited in November 2016. Quantum Graphite Limited was incorporated in 1986 and is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Quantum Graphite units | A$51.7
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Quantum Graphite units | A$52.97
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Quantum Graphite units | A$102.29
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Quantum Graphite units | A$23.73
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Quantum Graphite units | A$88.25
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Quantum Graphite units | A$16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Quantum Graphite units | A$74.89
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Quantum Graphite units | A$50.91
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Quantum Graphite units | A$9.43
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert