How to buy QANTM Intellectual Property (QIP) shares
Learn how to easily invest in QANTM Intellectual Property shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
QANTM Intellectual Property is a consulting services business based in Australia. QANTM Intellectual Property shares (QIP) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. QANTM Intellectual Property has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $123.2 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in QANTM Intellectual Property
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for QANTM Intellectual Property . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: QIP. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until QANTM Intellectual Property reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of QANTM Intellectual Property . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- QANTM Intellectual Property key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is QANTM Intellectual Property stock a buy or sell?
- QANTM Intellectual Property performance over time
- Are QANTM Intellectual Property shares over-valued?
- QANTM Intellectual Property 's financials
- How volatile are QANTM Intellectual Property shares?
- Does QANTM Intellectual Property pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
QANTM Intellectual Property stock price (ASX:QIP)Use our graph to track the performance of QIP stocks over time.
QANTM Intellectual Property shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.91 - $1.3787|
|50-day moving average||$1.0218|
|200-day moving average||$1.1847|
|Dividend yield||$0.064 (6.38%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.058|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy QANTM Intellectual Property stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
QANTM Intellectual Property price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-17)||-0.54%|
|1 month (2022-05-25)||-5.61%|
|3 months (2022-03-25)||-16.67%|
|6 months (2021-12-24)||-30.19%|
|1 year (2021-06-25)||-19.57%|
|2 years (2020-06-25)||-22.92%|
|3 years (2019-06-25)||-32.23%|
|5 years (2017-06-23)||-27.73%|
Is QANTM Intellectual Property under- or over-valued?
Valuing QANTM Intellectual Property stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of QANTM Intellectual Property 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
QANTM Intellectual Property 's P/E ratio
QANTM Intellectual Property 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 16x. In other words, QANTM Intellectual Property shares trade at around 16x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
QANTM Intellectual Property 's EBITDA
QANTM Intellectual Property 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $16.5 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a QANTM Intellectual Property 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
QANTM Intellectual Property financials
|Revenue TTM||$123.2 million|
|Operating margin TTM||11.13%|
|Gross profit TTM||$119.1 million|
|Return on assets TTM||6.05%|
|Return on equity TTM||10.67%|
|Market capitalisation||$127.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
QANTM Intellectual Property share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 128% of net profits
Recently QANTM Intellectual Property has paid out, on average, around 128% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 6.38% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), QANTM Intellectual Property shareholders could enjoy a 6.38% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In QANTM Intellectual Property 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.064 per share.
QANTM Intellectual Property 's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 2 March 2022 (the "ex-dividend date").
QANTM Intellectual Property share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, QANTM Intellectual Property 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.91 up to $1.3787. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while QANTM Intellectual Property 's is 0.8332. This would suggest that QANTM Intellectual Property 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
QANTM Intellectual Property overview
QANTM Intellectual Property Limited provides intellectual property services for start-up technology businesses, multinationals, public research institutions, and universities in Australia, New Zealand Singapore, and Malaysia. The company also offers services related to patents, designs, and trademarks, as well as DCC, a litigation service in patent and trademark protection. QANTM Intellectual Property Limited was founded in 1877 and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
Stocks similar to QANTM Intellectual Property
QANTM Intellectual Property in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
How to buy Leo lithium shares
Steps to owning and managing Leo lithium shares.
How to buy Besra Gold (BEZ) shares
Steps to owning and managing Besra Gold shares.
How to buy The Lottery Corporation (TLC) shares
Steps to owning and managing The Lottery Corporation shares.
How to buy BSP Financial Group (BFL) shares
Steps to owning and managing Endeavour Group shares.
Ask an Expert