How to buy PT Aneka Tambang (ATM) shares
Learn how to easily invest in PT Aneka Tambang shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
PT Aneka Tambang Tbk is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. PT Aneka Tambang shares (ATM) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. PT Aneka Tambang has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $31.9 billion. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in PT Aneka Tambang
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for PT Aneka Tambang. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ATM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until PT Aneka Tambang reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of PT Aneka Tambang. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- PT Aneka Tambang key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is PT Aneka Tambang stock a buy or sell?
- PT Aneka Tambang performance over time
- PT Aneka Tambang's financials
- How volatile are PT Aneka Tambang shares?
- Does PT Aneka Tambang pay a dividend?
- Have PT Aneka Tambang shares ever split?
- Other common questions
PT Aneka Tambang stock price (ASX:ATM)Use our graph to track the performance of ATM stocks over time.
PT Aneka Tambang shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.9924 - $1.1|
|50-day moving average||$1.0272|
|200-day moving average||$1.0068|
|Dividend yield||$0.01 (0.69%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.1|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy PT Aneka Tambang stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
PT Aneka Tambang price performance over time
|1 week (2021-10-21)||1.1|
|1 month (2021-09-28)||10.00%|
|3 months (2021-07-28)||10.00%|
|6 months (2021-04-28)||10.00%|
|1 year (2020-10-28)||10.00%|
|2 years (2019-10-28)||10.00%|
|3 years (2018-10-26)||22.22%|
|5 years (2016-10-28)||10.00%|
PT Aneka Tambang financials
|Gross profit TTM||$4,778.1 billion|
|Return on assets TTM||7.52%|
|Return on equity TTM||13.02%|
|Market capitalisation||$31.9 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
PT Aneka Tambang share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 82.68% of net profits
Recently PT Aneka Tambang has paid out, on average, around 82.68% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 0.69% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), PT Aneka Tambang shareholders could enjoy a 0.69% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In PT Aneka Tambang's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.01 per share.
PT Aneka Tambang's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 15 April 2021 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have PT Aneka Tambang's shares ever split?
PT Aneka Tambang's shares were split on a 5:1 basis on 4 July 2007. So if you had owned 1 share the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 5 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your PT Aneka Tambang shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 80% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for PT Aneka Tambang shares which in turn could have impacted PT Aneka Tambang's share price.
PT Aneka Tambang share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, PT Aneka Tambang's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.9924 up to $1.1. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while PT Aneka Tambang's is 1.688. This would suggest that PT Aneka Tambang's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
PT Aneka Tambang overview
PT Aneka Tambang Tbk operates as a diversified mining and metals company in Indonesia. The company operates through three segments: Nickel, Precious Metals and Refinery, and Bauxite and Alumina. It is involved in the exploration, excavation, processing, and marketing of alumia, nickel ore, ferronickel, gold, silver, bauxite, and coal. The company also engages in the construction, trading, industry, agriculture, printing, and ground transportation businesses; manufacture and sale of stainless steel; and provision of industrial area management and heavy equipment rental services. It also exports its products. The company was incorporated in 1968 and is headquartered in Jakarta, Indonesia. PT Aneka Tambang Tbk is a subsidiary of PT Indonesia Asahan Aluminium (Persero).
PT Aneka Tambang in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Why is the ANZ share price climbing today?
Shares in the Big Four bank have risen nearly 45% in the last 12 months.
How to invest in the Ventia Services Group IPO
Everything we know about the Ventia Services Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Lake Resources NL (LKE ↑8.1%), Healthia (HLA ↑5.1%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Thursday 28 October 2021.
How to invest in the Australian Bond Exchange IPO
Everything we know about the Australian Bond Exchange IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Why is the a2 Milk (A2M) share price sliding?
Shares in the trans-Tasman dairy company are down 53% over the last 12 months.
How to invest in the Siteminder IPO
Everything we know about the Siteminder IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Bitcoin ETFs guide
Bitcoin ETFs sound simple, but come in many different forms. We unpack how they work, what makes them different and compare exchanges that let you trade them.
How to invest in the Vertex Minerals IPO
Everything we know about the Vertex Minerals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Why is the Crown Resorts (CWN) share price on a winning streak?
Shares in the casino operator have lost nearly a quarter of their value from a year-high hit in May.
Why is the Telstra share price on a high today?
Shares in the telecoms operator have slipped more than 6% over the last month.
Ask an Expert