How to buy PT Aneka Tambang shares | A$1
Own PT Aneka Tambang shares in just a few minutes.
PT Aneka Tambang Tbk is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. PT Aneka Tambang shares (ATM) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $1 – the same closing value as a week prior. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $4.8 billion.
How to buy shares in PT Aneka Tambang
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for PT Aneka Tambang. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ATM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until PT Aneka Tambang reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of PT Aneka Tambang. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- PT Aneka Tambang key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is PT Aneka Tambang stock a buy or sell?
- PT Aneka Tambang performance over time
- Are PT Aneka Tambang shares over-valued?
- PT Aneka Tambang's financials
- How volatile are PT Aneka Tambang shares?
- Does PT Aneka Tambang pay a dividend?
- Have PT Aneka Tambang shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted PT Aneka Tambang's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, PT Aneka Tambang's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $1, which is 0.00% up on its pre-crash value of $1 and 0.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $1.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of PT Aneka Tambang shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $1,000.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,000.00.
PT Aneka Tambang share priceUse our graph to track the performance of ATM stocks over time.
PT Aneka Tambang shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$1|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.975 - AUDA$1.01|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.994|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.9982|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.01 (0.12%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-3.6237|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy PT Aneka Tambang stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
PT Aneka Tambang price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-14)||1|
|1 month (2020-08-21)||2.04%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||1|
|6 months (2020-03-20)||1|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||1|
|2 years (2018-09-21)||26.58%|
|3 years (2017-09-21)||58.73%|
|5 years (2015-09-21)||-20.00%|
Is PT Aneka Tambang under- or over-valued?
Valuing PT Aneka Tambang stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of PT Aneka Tambang's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
PT Aneka Tambang's P/E ratio
PT Aneka Tambang's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 406x. In other words, PT Aneka Tambang shares trade at around 406x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
PT Aneka Tambang financials
|Gross profit TTM||$4,445 billion|
|Return on assets TTM||1.42%|
|Return on equity TTM||-0.79%|
|Market capitalisation||$4.8 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
PT Aneka Tambang share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 42.83% of net profits
Recently PT Aneka Tambang has paid out, on average, around 42.83% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 0.12% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), PT Aneka Tambang shareholders could enjoy a 0.12% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In PT Aneka Tambang's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.01 per share.
While PT Aneka Tambang's payout ratio might seem fairly standard, it's worth remembering that PT Aneka Tambang may be investing much of the rest of its net profits in future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 23 June 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have PT Aneka Tambang's shares ever split?
PT Aneka Tambang's shares were split on a 5:1 basis on 4 July 2007. So if you had owned 1 share the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 5 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your PT Aneka Tambang shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 80% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for PT Aneka Tambang shares which in turn could have impacted PT Aneka Tambang's share price.
PT Aneka Tambang share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, PT Aneka Tambang's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.975 up to $1.01. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while PT Aneka Tambang's is 1.3497. This would suggest that PT Aneka Tambang's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
PT Aneka Tambang overview
PT Aneka Tambang Tbk operates as a diversified mining and metals company in Indonesia. The company operates through three segments: Nickel, Precious Metals and Refinery, and Bauxite and Alumina. It is involved in the exploration, excavation, processing, and marketing of nickel ore, ferronickel, gold, silver, bauxite, and coal. The company also engages in the construction, trading, industry, agriculture, printing, and ground transportation businesses; manufacture and sale of stainless steel; and provision of industrial area management and heavy equipment rental services. It also exports its products. The company was founded in 1968 and is headquartered in Jakarta, Indonesia. PT Aneka Tambang Tbk is a subsidiary of PT Indonesia Asahan Aluminium (Persero).
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert