How to buy Propel Funeral Partners shares
Own Propel Funeral Partners shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Propel Funeral Partners Limited is a personal services business based in Australia. Propel Funeral Partners shares (PFP) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Propel Funeral Partners has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $110.8 million..
How to buy shares in Propel Funeral Partners
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Propel Funeral Partners . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PFP. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Propel Funeral Partners reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $2.95, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Propel Funeral Partners . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Propel Funeral Partners key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Propel Funeral Partners stock a buy or sell?
- Propel Funeral Partners performance over time
- Are Propel Funeral Partners shares over-valued?
- Propel Funeral Partners 's financials
- How volatile are Propel Funeral Partners shares?
- Does Propel Funeral Partners pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Propel Funeral Partners share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PFP stocks over time.
Propel Funeral Partners shares at a glance
|52-week range||$2.15 - $3.8|
|50-day moving average||$2.7992|
|200-day moving average||$2.8422|
|Dividend yield||$0.12 (4.12%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.108|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Propel Funeral Partners stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Propel Funeral Partners price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-15)||-1.67%|
|1 month (2020-12-23)||2.43%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||1.03%|
|6 months (2020-07-23)||3.15%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||-17.60%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||9.26%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||-14.49%|
|5 years (2016-01-19)||N/A|
Is Propel Funeral Partners under- or over-valued?
Valuing Propel Funeral Partners stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Propel Funeral Partners 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Propel Funeral Partners 's P/E ratio
Propel Funeral Partners 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 27x. In other words, Propel Funeral Partners shares trade at around 27x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Propel Funeral Partners 's EBITDA
Propel Funeral Partners 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $24.7 million (£14 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Propel Funeral Partners 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Propel Funeral Partners financials
|Revenue TTM||$110.8 million|
|Operating margin TTM||17.3%|
|Gross profit TTM||$79.6 million|
|Return on assets TTM||3.54%|
|Return on equity TTM||5.83%|
|Market capitalisation||$289.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Propel Funeral Partners share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 100% of net profits
Recently Propel Funeral Partners has paid out, on average, around 100% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 4.12% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Propel Funeral Partners shareholders could enjoy a 4.12% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Propel Funeral Partners 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.12 per share.
Propel Funeral Partners 's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 28 August 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Propel Funeral Partners share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Propel Funeral Partners 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $2.15 up to $3.8. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Propel Funeral Partners 's is 1.0072. This would suggest that Propel Funeral Partners 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Propel Funeral Partners overview
Propel Funeral Partners Limited provides death care services in Australia and New Zealand. It is involved in the collection and transfer of the deceased; provision of mortuary services; arrangement and conducting a funeral; and cremation, burial, and memorialization activities. As of June 30, 2020, the company owned and operated 130 properties comprising 72 owned and 58 leased, which included 31 cremation facilities and 9 cemeteries. It serves individuals and families dealing with, or preparing for, death and bereavement. The company was founded in 2012 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Propel Funeral Partners units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Propel Funeral Partners units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Propel Funeral Partners units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Propel Funeral Partners units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Propel Funeral Partners units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Propel Funeral Partners units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Propel Funeral Partners units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Propel Funeral Partners units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Propel Funeral Partners units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert