How to buy Prominence Energy NL shares | A$0.006
Own Prominence Energy NL shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Prominence Energy NL is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Prominence Energy NL shares (PRM) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.006 – a decrease of 14.29% over the previous week. Prominence Energy NL has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $35,860.
How to buy shares in Prominence Energy NL
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Prominence Energy NL. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PRM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Prominence Energy NL reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.006, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Prominence Energy NL. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Prominence Energy NL key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Prominence Energy NL stock a buy or sell?
- Prominence Energy NL performance over time
- Prominence Energy NL's financials
- How volatile are Prominence Energy NL shares?
- Does Prominence Energy NL pay a dividend?
- Have Prominence Energy NL shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Prominence Energy NL's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Prominence Energy NL's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.006, which is 66.67% up on its pre-crash value of $0.002 and 500.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.001.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Prominence Energy NL shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $1,000.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $6,000.00.
Prominence Energy NL share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PRM stocks over time.
Prominence Energy NL shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.006|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.0001 - AUDA$0.014|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.007|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0073|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.0112|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Prominence Energy NL stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Prominence Energy NL price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-16)||-14.29%|
|1 month (2020-09-25)||-25.00%|
|3 months (2020-07-24)||-40.00%|
|6 months (2020-04-22)||N/A|
|1 year (2019-10-24)||140.00%|
|2 years (2018-10-23)||50.00%|
|3 years (2017-10-23)||62.16%|
|5 years (2015-10-23)||-45.95%|
Prominence Energy NL financials
|Gross profit TTM||$35,860|
|Return on assets TTM||-53.07%|
|Return on equity TTM||0%|
|Market capitalisation||$2.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Prominence Energy NL share dividends
We're not expecting Prominence Energy NL to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Prominence Energy NL's shares ever split?
Prominence Energy NL's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 13 July 2020. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Prominence Energy NL shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Prominence Energy NL shares which in turn could have impacted Prominence Energy NL's share price.
Prominence Energy NL share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Prominence Energy NL's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.0001 up to $0.014. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Prominence Energy NL's is 0.9828. This would suggest that Prominence Energy NL's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Prominence Energy NL overview
Prominence Energy NL engages in the exploration, development, and production of oil and gas projects in Australia and the United States. It holds a 100% interest in Bowsprit oil project comprising 1,154 net acres located to the southeast of New Orleans. The company was formerly known as Sun Resources NL and changed its name to Prominence Energy NL in December 2019. Prominence Energy NL is headquartered in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Where to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia.
Ask an Expert