How to buy Prominence Energy NL (PRM) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Prominence Energy NL shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Prominence Energy NL is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Prominence Energy NL shares (PRM) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Prominence Energy NL has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $41,967. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Prominence Energy NL
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Prominence Energy NL. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PRM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Prominence Energy NL reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Prominence Energy NL. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Prominence Energy NL key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Prominence Energy NL stock a buy or sell?
- Prominence Energy NL performance over time
- Prominence Energy NL's financials
- How volatile are Prominence Energy NL shares?
- Does Prominence Energy NL pay a dividend?
- Have Prominence Energy NL shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Prominence Energy NL stock price (ASX:PRM)Use our graph to track the performance of PRM stocks over time.
Prominence Energy NL shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.001 - $0.019|
|50-day moving average||$0.0075|
|200-day moving average||$0.0105|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Prominence Energy NL stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Prominence Energy NL price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-23)||0.002|
|1 month (2022-06-03)||-75.00%|
|3 months (2022-04-01)||-84.62%|
|6 months (2021-12-31)||-76.47%|
|1 year (2021-07-02)||-85.71%|
|2 years (2020-06-29)||inf%|
|3 years (2019-07-02)||-80.00%|
|5 years (2017-06-30)||-94.59%|
Prominence Energy NL financials
|Gross profit TTM||$41,967|
|Return on assets TTM||-9.48%|
|Return on equity TTM||-3.83%|
|Market capitalisation||$4.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Prominence Energy NL share dividends
We're not expecting Prominence Energy NL to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Prominence Energy NL's shares ever split?
Prominence Energy NL's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 14 July 2020. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Prominence Energy NL shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Prominence Energy NL shares which in turn could have impacted Prominence Energy NL's share price.
Prominence Energy NL share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Prominence Energy NL's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.001 up to $0.019. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Prominence Energy NL's is 0.671. This would suggest that Prominence Energy NL's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Prominence Energy NL overview
Prominence Energy Ltd engages in the exploration, development, and production of oil and gas projects in Australia and the United States. It holds a 100% working interest in Bowsprit oil project comprising 577 net acres located to the southeast of New Orleans. The company was formerly known as Sun Resources NL and changed its name to Prominence Energy NL in December 2019. Prominence Energy Ltd was incorporated in 1986 and is headquartered in West Perth, Australia.
Stocks similar to Prominence Energy NL
Prominence Energy NL in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO
Everything we know about the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Kincora Copper (KCC) shares
Steps to owning and managing Kincora Copper shares.
How to invest in the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO
Everything we know about the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Arcadia Minerals (AM7) shares
Steps to owning and managing Arcadia Minerals shares.
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
Ask an Expert