How to buy Prodigy Gold NL shares
Own Prodigy Gold NL shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Prodigy Gold NL is a gold business based in Australia. Prodigy Gold NL shares (PRX) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Prodigy Gold NL has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $756,244.
How to buy shares in Prodigy Gold NL
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Prodigy Gold NL. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PRX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Prodigy Gold NL reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.047, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Prodigy Gold NL. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Prodigy Gold NL key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Prodigy Gold NL stock a buy or sell?
- Prodigy Gold NL performance over time
- Prodigy Gold NL's financials
- How volatile are Prodigy Gold NL shares?
- Does Prodigy Gold NL pay a dividend?
- Have Prodigy Gold NL shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Prodigy Gold NL's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Prodigy Gold NL's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.047, which is 21.67% down on its pre-crash value of $0.06 and 67.86% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.028.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Prodigy Gold NL shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $451.13 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $706.77.
Prodigy Gold NL share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PRX stocks over time.
Prodigy Gold NL shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.028 - $0.094|
|50-day moving average||$0.0606|
|200-day moving average||$0.0559|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.011|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Prodigy Gold NL stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Prodigy Gold NL price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-07)||-12.96%|
|1 month (2020-12-17)||4.44%|
|3 months (2020-10-16)||0%|
|6 months (2020-07-17)||-32.86%|
|1 year (2020-01-16)||-31.88%|
|2 years (2019-01-16)||-40.51%|
|3 years (2018-01-16)||-39.74%|
|5 years (2016-01-15)||42.42%|
Prodigy Gold NL financials
|Gross profit TTM||$756,244|
|Return on assets TTM||-17.58%|
|Return on equity TTM||-31.2%|
|Market capitalisation||$27.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Prodigy Gold NL share dividends
We're not expecting Prodigy Gold NL to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Prodigy Gold NL's shares ever split?
Prodigy Gold NL's shares were split on a 1:15 basis on 1 July 2014. So if you had owned 15 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Prodigy Gold NL shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Prodigy Gold NL shares which in turn could have impacted Prodigy Gold NL's share price.
Prodigy Gold NL share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Prodigy Gold NL's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.028 up to $0.094. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Prodigy Gold NL's is -0.375. This would suggest that Prodigy Gold NL's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Prodigy Gold NL has bucked the trend.
Prodigy Gold NL overview
Prodigy Gold NL explores for and develops mineral properties in the Tanami gold district of the Northern Territory of Australia. It holds 100% interest in the Bluebush gold project located to the northeast of Newmont Mining's Callie gold mine; and the Hyperion gold project located to the northeast of the Central Tanami plant. The company was formerly known as ABM Resources NL and changed its name to Prodigy Gold NL in May 2018. Prodigy Gold NL was incorporated in 1985 and is headquartered in Nedlands, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Prodigy Gold NL units | A$51.7
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Prodigy Gold NL units | A$52.97
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Prodigy Gold NL units | A$102.29
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Prodigy Gold NL units | A$23.73
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Prodigy Gold NL units | A$88.25
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Prodigy Gold NL units | A$16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Prodigy Gold NL units | A$74.89
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Prodigy Gold NL units | A$50.91
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Prodigy Gold NL units | A$9.43
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert