How to buy Prime Media Group shares
Own Prime Media Group shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Prime Media Group Limited is a broadcasting business based in Australia. Prime Media Group shares (PRT) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Prime Media Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $160.5 million..
How to buy shares in Prime Media Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Prime Media Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PRT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Prime Media Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.15, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Prime Media Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Prime Media Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Prime Media Group stock a buy or sell?
- Prime Media Group performance over time
- Are Prime Media Group shares over-valued?
- Prime Media Group's financials
- How volatile are Prime Media Group shares?
- Does Prime Media Group pay a dividend?
- Have Prime Media Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Prime Media Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PRT stocks over time.
Prime Media Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.085 - $0.215|
|50-day moving average||$0.1968|
|200-day moving average||$0.1391|
|Dividend yield||N/A (31.25%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.018|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Prime Media Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Prime Media Group price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-14)||-25.00%|
|1 month (2020-12-24)||-28.57%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||0%|
|6 months (2020-07-24)||66.67%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||-9.09%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||-37.50%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||-51.61%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||-68.09%|
Is Prime Media Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Prime Media Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Prime Media Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Prime Media Group's P/E ratio
Prime Media Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 11x. In other words, Prime Media Group shares trade at around 11x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Prime Media Group's EBITDA
Prime Media Group's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $14.9 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Prime Media Group's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Prime Media Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$160.5 million|
|Operating margin TTM||6.23%|
|Gross profit TTM||$26.6 million|
|Return on assets TTM||7.35%|
|Return on equity TTM||11.39%|
|Market capitalisation||$73.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Prime Media Group share dividends
We're not expecting Prime Media Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Prime Media Group's shares ever split?
Prime Media Group's shares were split on 27 March 2009.
Prime Media Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Prime Media Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.085 up to $0.215. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Prime Media Group's is 1.0516. This would suggest that Prime Media Group's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Prime Media Group overview
Prime Media Group Limited provides commercial television broadcasting services in Australia. It offers free-to-air television broadcasting services under the PRIME7 and GWN7 brands in regional New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, regional Victoria, the Gold Coast area of Southern Queensland, and regional Western Australia. The company was incorporated in 1970 and is based in Watson, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Prime Media Group units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Prime Media Group units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Prime Media Group units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Prime Media Group units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Prime Media Group units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Prime Media Group units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Prime Media Group units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Prime Media Group units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Prime Media Group units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert