How to buy Prime Financial Group shares | A$0.081
Own Prime Financial Group shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Prime Financial Group Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. Prime Financial Group shares (PFG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.081 – an increase of 5.19% over the previous week. Prime Financial Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $21.5 million.
How to buy shares in Prime Financial Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Prime Financial Group . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PFG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Prime Financial Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.081, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Prime Financial Group . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Prime Financial Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Prime Financial Group stock a buy or sell?
- Prime Financial Group performance over time
- Are Prime Financial Group shares over-valued?
- Prime Financial Group 's financials
- How volatile are Prime Financial Group shares?
- Does Prime Financial Group pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Prime Financial Group 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Prime Financial Group 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.081, which is 7.41% up on its pre-crash value of $0.075 and 102.50% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.04.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Prime Financial Group shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $565.79 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,065.79.
Prime Financial Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PFG stocks over time.
Prime Financial Group shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.081|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.04 - AUDA$0.08|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0781|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0655|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.01 (6.67%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.012|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Prime Financial Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Prime Financial Group price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-12)||5.19%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||3.85%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||1.25%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||65.31%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||1.25%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||-22.86%|
|3 years (2017-10-19)||-57.37%|
|5 years (2015-10-19)||-18.18%|
Is Prime Financial Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Prime Financial Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Prime Financial Group 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Prime Financial Group 's P/E ratio
Prime Financial Group 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 7x. In other words, Prime Financial Group shares trade at around 7x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Prime Financial Group 's EBITDA
Prime Financial Group 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $4.6 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Prime Financial Group 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Prime Financial Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$21.5 million|
|Operating margin TTM||18.18%|
|Gross profit TTM||$9.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||4.28%|
|Return on equity TTM||6.91%|
|Market capitalisation||$13.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Prime Financial Group share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 45% of net profits
Recently Prime Financial Group has paid out, on average, around 45% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 6.67% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Prime Financial Group shareholders could enjoy a 6.67% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Prime Financial Group 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.01 per share.
While Prime Financial Group 's payout ratio might seem fairly standard, it's worth remembering that Prime Financial Group may be investing much of the rest of its net profits in future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 1 October 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Prime Financial Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Prime Financial Group 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.04 up to $0.08. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Prime Financial Group 's is 0.9815. This would suggest that Prime Financial Group 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Prime Financial Group overview
Prime Financial Group Limited provides integrated accounting and business advisory, wealth management, and capital advisory services in Australia. The company offers accounting and business advisory services, such as accounting and tax compliance, board advisory and business owner monitoring, management advisory, start up, small to medium enterprise advisory, outsourced CFO and accounting, grants and tax incentives, and innovation and commercialization. It also provides wealth management services, including financial and retirement planning, investment advice, life insurance, superannuation advice, self-managed superannuation fund, and administration and compliance services; and capital and corporate advisory services comprising merger and acquisition transactions, capital raising, and other capital and corporate development services. Prime Financial Group Limited was incorporated in 1965 and is headquartered in Southbank, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert