Where to buy press-on nails online in Australia 2022
Ditch the manicure and get the look at home with a quality set of artificial nails.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you love the look of fake nails but aren't able to justify the expense of regular trips to the salon, press-on nails are for you. The simple-to-apply yet totally effective nails are all the rage once again, making now the perfect time to stock up.
To help you out, we've rounded up a list of online retailers with an eclectic collection of styles and colours. Scroll on to learn more.
Make this online marketplace your go-to for those special buys and bargain finds. Join in the thrill of a bidding war or browse the buy it now listings to secure those must-have press-on nails with ease.
- Large selection of discounted products
- Free delivery or pick-up where mentioned
- Afterpay accepted
A go-to whatever happens to be on your shopping list today, access convenient shopping, a massive selection of press-on nails and some great deals and discounts at Amazon.
- Free delivery on eligible orders with a Prime membership
- Genuine customer reviews
- Zip accepted
Etsy has an extensive range of press-on nails available. If you want access to a fantastic range of colours, prints and styles, make this online marketplace your first stop.
- Free delivery on some items
- Products from local and international sellers available
- Unique and handmade products
AliExpress is one step ahead of the competition when it comes to sourcing press-on nails online. Whether you're looking for French tips, block colours or holiday inspired prints, you'll be able to score a great deal from this site.
- Free shipping available on select products
- Flash deals are always on offer
- First-purchase coupons available
If you’re shopping for the ultimate show-stopping set of press-on nails, LightInTheBox doesn’t disappoint. This store offers metallic designs, artistic creations and more.
- Sign up to the newsletter to be the first to hear about sale events
- New deals added daily
- Free shipping available on some products
This UK-based fashion house offers plenty of innovative beauty products created by globally popular brands. ASOS is fabulous when it comes to fashion, but it also offers a great range of press-on nails for you to choose from.
- Afterpay and Klarna accepted
- Free delivery with orders over $80
- Enjoy a risk-free shopping spree with free returns
If you're looking for affordable yet stylish press-on nails that will pair perfectly with your favourite party dress, look no further than Cotton On. The site has a wide array of fashion and accessories for men, women and children alike.
- Afterpay, Zip, Humm, Latitude Pay, Laybuy and Klarna accepted
- Free shipping on orders over $60
- The live chat service allows you to get access to the answers you need there and then
When it comes to those hard-to-find beauty brands, Cult Beauty is a cut above its competition. Explore a collection of the very best products from a bunch of global favourite cosmetics brands here.
- Free shipping on orders over £40
- Sign up to the newsletter and get the hottest deals delivered to your inbox
- Afterpay (Clearpay) and Klarna accepted
Say yes to stylish press-on nails at lower prices tailored to every need here. YesStyle is a fast paced and fabulous online destination that stocks a wide array of solutions for a diverse range of lifestyles.
- Dedicated sale section
- Download the app and earn 100 YesStyle points
- Free delivery for all orders over $50
With competitive prices and a large selection of products, Chemist Warehouse offers great beauty items including some stylish press-on nails to peruse.
- Free shipping on Australian orders over $50
- Sign up to the Chemist Warehouse newsletter to unlock exclusive offers
- Zip and Afterpay accepted
Which retailers offer free delivery?
- eBay: Free shipping on selected items
- Amazon: Free shipping on orders over $39
- Etsy: Free delivery on eligible items
- AliExpress: Free delivery available on select items
- ASOS: Free shipping on orders over $80
- Cotton On: Free shipping on orders over $60
- Cult Beauty: Free delivery on orders over £40
- Chemist Warehouse: Free shipping on orders over $50
How to remove press-on nails
Press-on nails can be removed in a number of different ways with minimal to zero effort.
If your press-on nail set came with adhesive pads to affix them directly to your nails, the adhesive will break down easily by soaking them in warm, soapy water. You should then be able to lift the press-on nails without causing any damage to your own nails underneath.
If you have glued your press-on nails down to extend their longevity, a little more effort will be required. You can start by soaking your nails in nail varnish remover. Once the glue has broken down, you should be able to lift the nails off easily.
Another option (if you don't have nail polish remover to hand or prefer not to use it) is to start the removal process by soaking your nails in warm soapy water. This will start to loosen the glue.
Next, you need to reach for any household oil you have. Olive oil, coconut oil and vegetable oil all work well. Apply the oil to your press-on nails. You are aiming to get the oil to seep into the spaces between your nails and the press-ons. This will help to further loosen the glue while giving your nails and cuticles some hydration at the same time.
Finally, use a gentle rocking movement to slowly and carefully lift the press-on nail from your existing nail.
How long do press-on nails last?
Press-on nail longevity varies depending on your lifestyle and chosen adhesive. In general, adhesive-backed nails will last approximately 3 to 5 days whereas when glued they are more likely to last for 5 to 7 days.
It's worth noting that a number of daily lifestyle factors can affect the longevity of your press-on nails too. For example, regularly washing up in warm soapy water will cause the adhesive to break down and result in a shortened lifespan. Similarly, anyone who works with their hands runs the risk of catching their nails.
Before considering whether press-on nails are right for you, it's worth thinking about your lifestyle and how long you want the look to last. If you're happy with a flawless finish for an evening or two, press-on nails are the perfect pick.
Want to buy press-on nails online? Use one of our coupons:
- Tried & Tested: Beauty Products We Swear By
- Beauty product of the week: Youth To The People Triple Peptide + Cactus Oasis Serum review
- Where to shop Euphoria star Maude Apatow’s beauty routine
- Beauty Product of the Week: Sundae Body Foam review
- Beauty product of the week: Sun Bum Scalp & Hair Mist SPF 30
Image source: Getty
More guides on Finder
Tried & Tested: Beauty Products We Swear By
From viral TikTok brands to affordable dupes, Sal and Al give you a peek inside their makeup bags to reveal their ride or die beauty products.
Beauty product of the week: Youth To The People Triple Peptide + Cactus Oasis Serum review
This new 3-in-1 serum is the holy trinity of hydration.
Where to shop Euphoria star Maude Apatow’s beauty routine
Every product the Euphoria actress uses in her Vogue Beauty Secrets video, plus some affordable dupes.
Beauty Product of the Week: Sundae Body Foam review
Basically, if you like cute things in your shower that smell heavenly, this is the product for you.
Beauty product of the week: Sun Bum Scalp & Hair Mist SPF 30
I never thought I'd geek out over a SPF, but this lightweight scalp and hair sunscreen mist is an absolute beauty essential.
Trash or Splash: Alya Skin Pore Perfecting Elixir
Does the latest Alya Skin drop live up to the social media hype? We gave it a go and we have some thoughts.
The 3 products I swear by for my lazy girl tanning routine
I found the easy way to tan that takes minimal effort and the good news is, there are only 3 product you need and every single one is a 10/10.
I tried the entire Bondi Sands Everyday Skincare range and here’s my first impression
The 14 Bondi Sands Everyday Skincare products are worth over $200 and these are the ones I'd buy again.
Instagram made me buy it: Growth Bomb Blonde Toning Hair Growth Shampoo & Conditioner
Hey blondies, this affordable and hydrating purple shampoo and conditioner from Growth Bomb is an absolute must.
The best products to achieve the clean beauty look
From where the no-makeup makeup look meets the model off duty vibe, we've put together a range of no-fuss products you'll love.
Ask an Expert