How to buy Prescient Therapeutics shares
Own Prescient Therapeutics shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Prescient Therapeutics Limited is a biotechnology business based in Australia. Prescient Therapeutics shares (PTX) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Prescient Therapeutics has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1.1 million..
How to buy shares in Prescient Therapeutics
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Prescient Therapeutics . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PTX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Prescient Therapeutics reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.063, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Prescient Therapeutics . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Prescient Therapeutics key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Prescient Therapeutics stock a buy or sell?
- Prescient Therapeutics performance over time
- Prescient Therapeutics 's financials
- How volatile are Prescient Therapeutics shares?
- Does Prescient Therapeutics pay a dividend?
- Have Prescient Therapeutics shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Prescient Therapeutics 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Prescient Therapeutics 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.063, which is 17.46% up on its pre-crash value of $0.052 and 186.36% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.022.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Prescient Therapeutics shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $461.54 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,211.54.
Prescient Therapeutics share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PTX stocks over time.
Prescient Therapeutics shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.024 - $0.11|
|50-day moving average||$0.0658|
|200-day moving average||$0.0567|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.016|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Prescient Therapeutics stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Prescient Therapeutics price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-12)||-8.70%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||-3.08%|
|3 months (2020-10-19)||-1.56%|
|6 months (2020-07-17)||8.62%|
|1 year (2020-01-17)||8.62%|
|2 years (2019-01-18)||-11.39%|
|3 years (2018-01-19)||-4.83%|
|5 years (2016-01-19)||-40.51%|
Prescient Therapeutics financials
|Revenue TTM||$1.1 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$1.1 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-15.76%|
|Return on equity TTM||-26.04%|
|Market capitalisation||$40.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Prescient Therapeutics share dividends
We're not expecting Prescient Therapeutics to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Prescient Therapeutics 's shares ever split?
Prescient Therapeutics 's shares were split on a 1:20 basis on 2 December 2014. So if you had owned 20 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Prescient Therapeutics shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Prescient Therapeutics shares which in turn could have impacted Prescient Therapeutics 's share price.
Prescient Therapeutics share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Prescient Therapeutics 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.024 up to $0.11. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Prescient Therapeutics 's is 0.9341. This would suggest that Prescient Therapeutics 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Prescient Therapeutics overview
Prescient Therapeutics Limited, a clinical stage oncology company, develops novel drugs for the treatment of a range of cancers in Australia. The company's lead drug candidate is PTX-200, which is in Phase II clinical trial for HER2-negative breast cancer, Phase IB/2 clinical trial in relapsed and refractory AML, and Phase 1b in recurrent or persistent platinum-resistant ovarian cancer; and PTX-100, a RhoA inhibitor, for hematological and solid malignancies that focuses on cancers with Ras and RhoA mutations. Prescient Therapeutics Limited has a collaboration agreement with Carina Biotech to develop cell therapies. The company was formerly known as Virax Holdings Limited and changed its name to Prescient Therapeutics Limited in December 2014. Prescient Therapeutics Limited was incorporated in 1986 and is based in South Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Prescient Therapeutics units | A$51.76
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Prescient Therapeutics units | A$52.85
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Prescient Therapeutics units | A$102.44
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Prescient Therapeutics units | A$23.63
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Prescient Therapeutics units | A$87.77
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Prescient Therapeutics units | A$15.95
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Prescient Therapeutics units | A$74.8
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Prescient Therapeutics units | A$50.64
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Prescient Therapeutics units | A$9.36
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert