How to buy Powerhouse Ventures shares
Own Powerhouse Ventures shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Powerhouse Ventures Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. Powerhouse Ventures shares (PVL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Powerhouse Ventures has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $4.7 million.
How to buy shares in Powerhouse Ventures
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Powerhouse Ventures . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PVL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Powerhouse Ventures reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.072, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Powerhouse Ventures . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
How has coronavirus impacted Powerhouse Ventures 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Powerhouse Ventures 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.072, which is 2.70% down on its pre-crash value of $0.074 and 38.46% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.052.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Powerhouse Ventures shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $674.16 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $808.99.
Powerhouse Ventures share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PVL stocks over time.
Powerhouse Ventures shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.045 - $0.099|
|50-day moving average||$0.0557|
|200-day moving average||$0.0573|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.247|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Powerhouse Ventures stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Powerhouse Ventures price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-12)||44.00%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||20.00%|
|3 months (2020-10-19)||-2.70%|
|6 months (2020-07-17)||37.67%|
|1 year (2020-01-17)||-19.10%|
|2 years (2019-01-17)||-34.55%|
|3 years (2018-01-19)||-65.71%|
|5 years (2016-01-15)||N/A|
Powerhouse Ventures financials
|Gross profit TTM||$717,402|
|Return on assets TTM||0.8%|
|Return on equity TTM||-0.83%|
|Market capitalisation||$4.7 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Powerhouse Ventures share dividends
We're not expecting Powerhouse Ventures to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Powerhouse Ventures share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Powerhouse Ventures 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.045 up to $0.099. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Powerhouse Ventures 's is 0.6202. This would suggest that Powerhouse Ventures 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Powerhouse Ventures overview
Powerhouse Ventures Limited is a venture capital firm specializing in incubation, start-up, early stage, and growth capital investments. The firm primarily makes investments in companies from Canterbury, New Zealand. It seeks to invest in engineering and clean technology; biotechnology and agri-science; health and medical devices; food; and information technology, software, and electronics. The firm also makes investments in intellectual property and research. It typically invests in companies that do not seek to raise more than NZD 5 million (USD 4.28 million) and with the aggregate of capital and reserves of, and loans made by shareholders not exceeding NZD 10 million (USD 8.57 million). Powerhouse Ventures Limited was founded in 2006 and is based in Christchurch, New Zealand with offices in Wellington, New Zealand, Dunedin, New Zealand and Auckland, New Zealand.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Powerhouse Ventures units | A$51.76
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Powerhouse Ventures units | A$52.85
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Powerhouse Ventures units | A$102.44
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Powerhouse Ventures units | A$23.63
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Powerhouse Ventures units | A$87.77
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Powerhouse Ventures units | A$15.95
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Powerhouse Ventures units | A$74.8
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Powerhouse Ventures units | A$50.64
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Powerhouse Ventures units | A$9.36
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert