How to buy Poseidon Nickel (POS) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Poseidon Nickel shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Poseidon Nickel is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Poseidon Nickel shares (POS) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Poseidon Nickel has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $256,000. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Poseidon Nickel
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Poseidon Nickel . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: POS. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Poseidon Nickel reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Poseidon Nickel . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Poseidon Nickel key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Poseidon Nickel stock a buy or sell?
- Poseidon Nickel performance over time
- Poseidon Nickel 's financials
- How volatile are Poseidon Nickel shares?
- Does Poseidon Nickel pay a dividend?
- Have Poseidon Nickel shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Poseidon Nickel stock price (ASX:POS)Use our graph to track the performance of POS stocks over time.
Poseidon Nickel shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.044 - $0.16|
|50-day moving average||$0.0683|
|200-day moving average||$0.0893|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.004|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Poseidon Nickel stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Poseidon Nickel price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-23)||2.17%|
|1 month (2022-06-03)||-26.56%|
|3 months (2022-04-01)||-50.00%|
|6 months (2021-12-31)||-57.27%|
|1 year (2021-07-02)||-55.24%|
|2 years (2020-07-03)||74.07%|
|3 years (2019-07-03)||30.56%|
|5 years (2017-06-30)||147.37%|
Poseidon Nickel financials
|Gross profit TTM||$738,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-5.1%|
|Return on equity TTM||-14.75%|
|Market capitalisation||$140.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Poseidon Nickel share dividends
We're not expecting Poseidon Nickel to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Poseidon Nickel 's shares ever split?
Poseidon Nickel 's shares were split on a 1:2 basis on 4 July 2007. So if you had owned 2 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Poseidon Nickel shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 100% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Poseidon Nickel shares which in turn could have impacted Poseidon Nickel 's share price.
Poseidon Nickel share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Poseidon Nickel 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.044 up to $0.16. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Poseidon Nickel 's is 1.1405. This would suggest that Poseidon Nickel 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Poseidon Nickel overview
Poseidon Nickel Limited engages in the exploration, development, mining, and production of nickel and other mineral properties in Australia. It holds interests in the Mt Windarra, the Black Swan, and the Lake Johnston nickel projects located in Western Australia. The company was formerly known as Niagara Mining Limited and changed its name to Poseidon Nickel Limited in 2007. The company was incorporated in 1993 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Stocks similar to Poseidon Nickel
Poseidon Nickel in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO
Everything we know about the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Kincora Copper (KCC) shares
Steps to owning and managing Kincora Copper shares.
How to invest in the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO
Everything we know about the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Arcadia Minerals (AM7) shares
Steps to owning and managing Arcadia Minerals shares.
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
Ask an Expert