How to buy Po Valley Energy shares | A$0.028
Own Po Valley Energy shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Po Valley Energy Limited is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Po Valley Energy shares (PVE) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.028 – the same closing value as a week prior. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $18.1 million.
How to buy shares in Po Valley Energy
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Po Valley Energy . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PVE. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Po Valley Energy reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.028, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Po Valley Energy . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Po Valley Energy key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Po Valley Energy stock a buy or sell?
- Po Valley Energy performance over time
- Are Po Valley Energy shares over-valued?
- Po Valley Energy 's financials
- How volatile are Po Valley Energy shares?
- Does Po Valley Energy pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Po Valley Energy 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Po Valley Energy 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.028, which is 49.09% down on its pre-crash value of $0.055 and 42.86% down on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.04.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Po Valley Energy shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $666.67 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $466.67.
Po Valley Energy share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PVE stocks over time.
Po Valley Energy shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.028|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.028 - AUDA$0.06|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0302|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0372|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.006|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Po Valley Energy stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Po Valley Energy price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-23)||0%|
|1 month (2020-10-01)||0%|
|3 months (2020-07-31)||-26.32%|
|6 months (2020-05-01)||-30.00%|
|1 year (2019-10-27)||N/A|
|2 years (2018-10-27)||N/A|
|3 years (2017-10-31)||1.82%|
|5 years (2015-10-27)||N/A|
Is Po Valley Energy under- or over-valued?
Valuing Po Valley Energy stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Po Valley Energy 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Po Valley Energy 's P/E ratio
Po Valley Energy 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 7x. In other words, Po Valley Energy shares trade at around 7x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Po Valley Energy financials
|Gross profit TTM||$35,144|
|Return on assets TTM||-8%|
|Return on equity TTM||-22.14%|
|Market capitalisation||$18.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Po Valley Energy share dividends
We're not expecting Po Valley Energy to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Po Valley Energy share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Po Valley Energy 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.028 up to $0.06. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Po Valley Energy 's is 4. This would suggest that Po Valley Energy 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Po Valley Energy overview
Po Valley Energy Limited operates as an oil and gas exploration and development company in the Po Valley region, Italy. The company's portfolio includes a total of 4 onshore exploration permits, 1 offshore exploration permit, and 2 preliminary awarded production concessions covering an area of 1,690 square kilometers located north of Italy. It also owns and operates two gas treatment plants. The company is based in Mt Pleasant, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Harmoney (PVE.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Harmoney IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Youfoodz (PVE.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Youfoodz IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Hipages (PVE.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Hipages IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy the US Vegan Climate ETF | N/AN/A
Steps to owning and managing buy US Vegan Climate ETF units.
How to buy Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares | A$0.023
Steps to owning and managing Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares from Australia.
How to buy Po Valley Energy shares | $58.29
Steps to owning and managing Bunge Ltd shares from Australia.
How to buy Po Valley Energy shares | $37.47
Steps to owning and managing Conagra Brands shares from Australia.
How to buy Po Valley Energy shares | $67.1
Steps to owning and managing Kellogg Company shares from Australia.
How to buy Po Valley Energy shares | $71.62
Steps to owning and managing Ingredion shares from Australia
How to buy Po Valley Energy shares | $59.71
Steps to owning and managing Tyson Foods shares from Australia.
Ask an Expert