How to buy Platinum Capital shares | A$1.255
Own Platinum Capital shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Platinum Capital Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. Platinum Capital shares (PMC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $1.255 – a decrease of 0.79% over the previous week. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $368.9 million.
How to buy shares in Platinum Capital
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Platinum Capital . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PMC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Platinum Capital reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.255, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Platinum Capital . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Platinum Capital key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Platinum Capital stock a buy or sell?
- Platinum Capital performance over time
- Are Platinum Capital shares over-valued?
- Platinum Capital 's financials
- How volatile are Platinum Capital shares?
- Does Platinum Capital pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Platinum Capital 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Platinum Capital 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $1.255, which is 22.51% down on its pre-crash value of $1.6196 and 19.52% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $1.05.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Platinum Capital shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $704.40 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $789.31.
Platinum Capital share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PMC stocks over time.
Platinum Capital shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$1.255|
|52-week range||AUDA$1.11 - AUDA$1.73|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$1.2712|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$1.2854|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.06 (4.74%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.174|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Platinum Capital stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Platinum Capital price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-16)||-0.79%|
|1 month (2020-09-25)||0%|
|3 months (2020-07-24)||-11.31%|
|6 months (2020-04-24)||-9.00%|
|1 year (2019-10-25)||-20.06%|
|2 years (2018-10-25)||-25.96%|
|3 years (2017-10-25)||-31.79%|
|5 years (2015-10-23)||-33.60%|
Is Platinum Capital under- or over-valued?
Valuing Platinum Capital stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Platinum Capital 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Platinum Capital 's P/E ratio
Platinum Capital 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 8x. In other words, Platinum Capital shares trade at around 8x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Platinum Capital financials
|Operating margin TTM||129.07%|
|Gross profit TTM||$-19,941,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-3.68%|
|Return on equity TTM||-2.37%|
|Market capitalisation||$368.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Platinum Capital share dividends
We're not expecting Platinum Capital to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Platinum Capital share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Platinum Capital 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.11 up to $1.73. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Platinum Capital 's is 0.4489. This would suggest that Platinum Capital 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Platinum Capital overview
Platinum Capital Limited is a closed-ended equity mutual fund launched and managed by Platinum Asset Management Limited. It invests in the public equity markets across the globe. The fund invests in stocks of companies operating across diversified sectors. It invests in value stocks of companies. The fund employs fundamental analysis with a bottom up approach to create its portfolio. It benchmarks the performance of its portfolio against the MSCI All Country World Net Index. Platinum Capital Limited was founded on June 29, 1994 and is domiciled in Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Where to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia.
Ask an Expert