Platinum Investment Management Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. Platinum Asset Management shares (PTM) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Platinum Asset Management has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $297.2 million.
How to buy shares in Platinum Asset Management
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Platinum Asset Management. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PTM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Platinum Asset Management reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Platinum Asset Management. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Platinum Asset Management key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Platinum Asset Management stock a buy or sell?
- Platinum Asset Management performance over time
- Are Platinum Asset Management shares over-valued?
- Platinum Asset Management's financials
- How volatile are Platinum Asset Management shares?
- Does Platinum Asset Management pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Platinum Asset Management share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PTM stocks over time.
Platinum Asset Management shares at a glance
|52-week range||AUDA$2.81 - AUDA$4.99|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$3.5394|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$3.5841|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.22 (6.96%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.268|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Platinum Asset Management stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is Platinum Asset Management under- or over-valued?
Valuing Platinum Asset Management stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Platinum Asset Management's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Platinum Asset Management's P/E ratio
Platinum Asset Management's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 12x. In other words, Platinum Asset Management shares trade at around 12x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Platinum Asset Management's EBITDA
Platinum Asset Management's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $233.6 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Platinum Asset Management's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Platinum Asset Management financials
|Revenue TTM||$297.2 million|
|Operating margin TTM||78.21%|
|Gross profit TTM||$253.2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||41.55%|
|Return on equity TTM||48.63%|
|Market capitalisation||$2 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Platinum Asset Management share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 100.9% of net profits
Recently Platinum Asset Management has paid out, on average, around 100.9% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 6.96% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Platinum Asset Management shareholders could enjoy a 6.96% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Platinum Asset Management's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.22 per share.
Platinum Asset Management's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 2 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Platinum Asset Management share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Platinum Asset Management's shares have ranged in value from as little as $2.81 up to $4.99. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Platinum Asset Management's is 1.2024. This would suggest that Platinum Asset Management's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Platinum Asset Management overview
Platinum Asset Management is a publicly owned hedge fund sponsor. The firm primarily provides its services to pooled investment vehicles. The firm launches and manages equity mutual funds for its clients. It also launches and manages hedge funds for its clients. The firm invests in public equity markets across the globe. It employs value strategy with bottom-up stock picking approach to create its portfolio. The firm employs a combination of in-house and external research to make its investments. The firm typically invests in companies in consumer, health care and technology sectors. Platinum Asset Management was founded in February 1994 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert