How to buy Platinum Asia Investments (PAI) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Platinum Asia Investments shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Platinum Asia Investments Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. Platinum Asia Investments shares (PAI) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Platinum Asia Investments has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $117 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Platinum Asia Investments
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Platinum Asia Investments . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PAI. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Platinum Asia Investments reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Platinum Asia Investments . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Platinum Asia Investments key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Platinum Asia Investments stock a buy or sell?
- Platinum Asia Investments performance over time
- Are Platinum Asia Investments shares over-valued?
- Platinum Asia Investments 's financials
- How volatile are Platinum Asia Investments shares?
- Does Platinum Asia Investments pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Platinum Asia Investments stock price (ASX:PAI)Use our graph to track the performance of PAI stocks over time.
Platinum Asia Investments shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.065 - $1.3127|
|50-day moving average||$1.1126|
|200-day moving average||$1.1922|
|Dividend yield||$0.1 (9.22%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.208|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Platinum Asia Investments stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Platinum Asia Investments price performance over time
|1 week (2021-10-19)||1.09|
|1 month (2021-09-24)||-0.91%|
|3 months (2021-07-26)||-11.02%|
|6 months (2021-04-26)||-11.38%|
|1 year (2020-10-26)||-6.84%|
|2 years (2019-10-25)||9.00%|
|3 years (2018-10-26)||7.39%|
|5 years (2016-10-26)||14.74%|
Is Platinum Asia Investments under- or over-valued?
Valuing Platinum Asia Investments stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Platinum Asia Investments 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Platinum Asia Investments 's P/E ratio
Platinum Asia Investments 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 5x. In other words, Platinum Asia Investments shares trade at around 5x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Platinum Asia Investments financials
|Revenue TTM||$117 million|
|Operating margin TTM||93.75%|
|Gross profit TTM||$117 million|
|Return on assets TTM||14.73%|
|Return on equity TTM||17.06%|
|Market capitalisation||$402.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Platinum Asia Investments share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 47.62% of net profits
Recently Platinum Asia Investments has paid out, on average, around 47.62% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 11.06% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Platinum Asia Investments shareholders could enjoy a 11.06% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Platinum Asia Investments 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.1 per share.
While Platinum Asia Investments 's payout ratio might seem fairly standard, it's worth remembering that Platinum Asia Investments may be investing much of the rest of its net profits in future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 25 August 2021 (the "ex-dividend date").
Platinum Asia Investments share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Platinum Asia Investments 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.065 up to $1.3127. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Platinum Asia Investments 's is 0.5431. This would suggest that Platinum Asia Investments 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Platinum Asia Investments overview
Platinum Asia Investments Limited is a closed-ended equity mutual fund launched and managed by Platinum Asset Management Limited. It invests in the public equity markets of Asia ex Japan. The fund invests in stocks of companies operating across diversified sectors. It invests in value stocks of companies. The fund employs fundamental analysis with a bottom up approach to create its portfolio. It benchmarks the performance of its portfolio against the MSCI All Country Asia ex Japan Net Index. Platinum Asia Investments Limited was founded on September 16, 2015 and is domiciled in Australia.
Platinum Asia Investments in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy BITO ETF units | $40.58
Steps to owning and managing ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF units.
Why is the AMP share price looking up today?
Shares in the wealth management giant have been largely stable in the last 6 months.
How to invest in the Judo Capital Holdings IPO
Everything we know about the Judo Capital Holdings IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Alloggio Group IPO
Everything we know about the Alloggio Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Larvotto Resources IPO
Everything we know about the Larvotto Resources IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Vulcan Steel IPO
Everything we know about the Vulcan Steel IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Artrya IPO
Everything we know about the Artrya IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the 8 Au IPO
Everything we know about the 8 Au IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Radiopharm Theranostics IPO
Everything we know about the Radiopharm Theranostics IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
What has prompted the rebound in the Kogan share price?
The online retailer’s shares have lost more than half their value in the last 12 months.
Ask an Expert