How to buy Platina Resources shares | A$0.05
Own Platina Resources shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Platina Resources Limited is an other precious metals & mining business based in Australia. Platina Resources shares (PGM) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.05 – a decrease of 1.96% over the previous week. Platina Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $54,726.
How to buy shares in Platina Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Platina Resources . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PGM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Platina Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.05, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Platina Resources . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Platina Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Platina Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Platina Resources performance over time
- Platina Resources 's financials
- How volatile are Platina Resources shares?
- Does Platina Resources pay a dividend?
- Have Platina Resources shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Platina Resources 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Platina Resources 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.05, which is 54.00% up on its pre-crash value of $0.023 and 400.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.01.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Platina Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $550.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $2,500.00.
Platina Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PGM stocks over time.
Platina Resources shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.05|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.011 - AUDA$0.082|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0546|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0382|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.001|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Platina Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Platina Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-23)||-3.85%|
|1 month (2020-10-01)||4.17%|
|3 months (2020-07-31)||4.17%|
|6 months (2020-05-01)||233.33%|
|1 year (2019-10-31)||127.27%|
|2 years (2018-10-31)||-18.03%|
|3 years (2017-10-31)||-67.74%|
|5 years (2015-10-30)||-13.79%|
Platina Resources financials
|Gross profit TTM||$54,726|
|Return on assets TTM||-101.29%|
|Return on equity TTM||-199.86%|
|Market capitalisation||$19.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Platina Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Platina Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Platina Resources 's shares ever split?
Platina Resources 's shares were split on 7 December 2009.
Platina Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Platina Resources 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.011 up to $0.082. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Platina Resources 's is 1.4803. This would suggest that Platina Resources 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Platina Resources overview
Platina Resources Limited acquires, explores for, and develops mineral deposits in Australia, the United States, and Greenland. It explores for precious, specialty, and base metals. The company holds 100% interest in the Challa Gold Project, which includes two exploration licences covering an area of 293 square kilometers located in Western Australia; Skaergaard Project consisting of two exploration licenses located on the east coast of Greenland; and Platina Scandium Project located in central New South Wales. It also holds 30% interest in the Munni Munni project comprising four mining licences and an exploration licence covering an approximately 64 square kilometers of tenement area located in Pilbara region of Western Australia, as well as an option to acquire 70% interest in the Blue Moon Zinc-Copper-Gold Project located in California, the United States. Platina Resources Limited was incorporated in 2006 and is headquartered in Mount Hawthorn, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Youfoodz (PGM.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Youfoodz IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Hipages (PGM.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Hipages IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy the US Vegan Climate ETF | N/AN/A
Steps to owning and managing buy US Vegan Climate ETF units.
How to buy Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares | A$0.023
Steps to owning and managing Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares from Australia.
How to buy Platina Resources shares | $56.73
Steps to owning and managing Bunge Ltd shares from Australia.
How to buy Platina Resources shares | $37.47
Steps to owning and managing Conagra Brands shares from Australia.
How to buy Platina Resources shares | $67.1
Steps to owning and managing Kellogg Company shares from Australia.
How to buy Platina Resources shares | $70.89
Steps to owning and managing Ingredion shares from Australia
How to buy Platina Resources shares | $59.71
Steps to owning and managing Tyson Foods shares from Australia.
Where to buy writing pencils online in Australia
A list of stores to buy writing pencils online in Australia.
Ask an Expert