How to buy Platina Resources (PGM) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Platina Resources shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Platina Resources Limited is an other precious metals & mining business based in Australia. Platina Resources shares (PGM) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Platina Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $10.1 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Platina Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Platina Resources . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PGM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Platina Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Platina Resources . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Platina Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Platina Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Platina Resources performance over time
- Are Platina Resources shares over-valued?
- Platina Resources 's financials
- How volatile are Platina Resources shares?
- Does Platina Resources pay a dividend?
- Have Platina Resources shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Platina Resources stock price (ASX:PGM)Use our graph to track the performance of PGM stocks over time.
Platina Resources shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.041 - $0.105|
|50-day moving average||$0.069|
|200-day moving average||$0.0722|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.045|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Platina Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Platina Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2021-10-14)||6.94%|
|1 month (2021-09-21)||18.46%|
|3 months (2021-07-21)||-1.28%|
|6 months (2021-04-21)||45.28%|
|1 year (2020-10-21)||54.00%|
|2 years (2019-10-21)||285.00%|
|3 years (2018-10-19)||20.31%|
|5 years (2016-10-21)||-10.47%|
Is Platina Resources under- or over-valued?
Valuing Platina Resources stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Platina Resources 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Platina Resources 's P/E ratio
Platina Resources 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 2x. In other words, Platina Resources shares trade at around 2x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Platina Resources 's EBITDA
Platina Resources 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $8.4 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Platina Resources 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Platina Resources financials
|Revenue TTM||$10.1 million|
|Operating margin TTM||75.91%|
|Gross profit TTM||$10.1 million|
|Return on assets TTM||37.39%|
|Return on equity TTM||160.28%|
|Market capitalisation||$31.7 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Platina Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Platina Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Platina Resources 's shares ever split?
Platina Resources 's shares were split on 7 December 2009.
Platina Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Platina Resources 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.041 up to $0.105. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Platina Resources 's is 1.489. This would suggest that Platina Resources 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Platina Resources overview
Platina Resources Limited acquires, explores for, and develops mineral deposits in Australia, the United States, and Greenland. It explores for platinum group metals, zinc and gold, and base metals. The company holds interest in the Xanadu Gold Project, the Challa Gold Project, and the Munni Munni Project located in Western Australia; and the Platina Scandium Project located in central New South Wales. Platina Resources Limited was incorporated in 2006 and is headquartered in Mount Hawthorn, Australia.
Stocks similar to Platina Resources
Platina Resources in the news
Platina Resources Limited : - Aircore drilling planned at Challa following encouraging soil sampling program
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy BITO ETF units | $43.28
Steps to owning and managing ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF units.
Why is the AMP share price looking up today?
Shares in the wealth management giant have been largely stable in the last 6 months.
How to invest in the Judo Capital Holdings IPO
Everything we know about the Judo Capital Holdings IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Allaggio Group IPO
Everything we know about the Allaggio Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Larvotto Resources IPO
Everything we know about the Larvotto Resources IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Vulcan Steel IPO
Everything we know about the Vulcan Steel IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Artrya IPO
Everything we know about the Artrya IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the 8 Au IPO
Everything we know about the 8 Au IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Radiopharm Theranostics IPO
Everything we know about the Radiopharm Theranostics IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
What has prompted the rebound in the Kogan share price?
The online retailer’s shares have lost more than half their value in the last 12 months.
Ask an Expert