How to buy Pivotal Systems Corporation shares | A$0.865
Own Pivotal Systems Corporation shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Pivotal Systems Corporation is a semiconductor equipment & materials business based in Australia. Pivotal Systems Corporation shares (PVS) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.865 – a decrease of 4.95% over the previous week. Pivotal Systems Corporation has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $17.4 million.
How to buy shares in Pivotal Systems Corporation
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Pivotal Systems Corporation. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PVS. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Pivotal Systems Corporation reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.865, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Pivotal Systems Corporation. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Pivotal Systems Corporation key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Pivotal Systems Corporation stock a buy or sell?
- Pivotal Systems Corporation performance over time
- Are Pivotal Systems Corporation shares over-valued?
- Pivotal Systems Corporation's financials
- How volatile are Pivotal Systems Corporation shares?
- Does Pivotal Systems Corporation pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Pivotal Systems Corporation share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PVS stocks over time.
Pivotal Systems Corporation shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.865|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.79 - AUDA$1.71|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$1.0292|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$1.1533|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.074|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Pivotal Systems Corporation stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Pivotal Systems Corporation price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-10)||N/A|
|1 month (2020-09-21)||-19.91%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||-31.35%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||-14.36%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||-38.21%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||-66.98%|
|3 years (2017-10-17)||N/A|
|5 years (2015-10-17)||N/A|
Is Pivotal Systems Corporation under- or over-valued?
Valuing Pivotal Systems Corporation stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Pivotal Systems Corporation's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Pivotal Systems Corporation's P/E ratio
Pivotal Systems Corporation's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 0x. In other words, Pivotal Systems Corporation shares trade at around 0x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Pivotal Systems Corporation financials
|Revenue TTM||$17.4 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$1.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-16.58%|
|Return on equity TTM||-36.17%|
|Market capitalisation||$98.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Pivotal Systems Corporation share dividends
We're not expecting Pivotal Systems Corporation to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Pivotal Systems Corporation share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Pivotal Systems Corporation's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.79 up to $1.71. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Pivotal Systems Corporation's is 1.039. This would suggest that Pivotal Systems Corporation's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Pivotal Systems Corporation overview
Pivotal Systems Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and sells gas flow controllers for the semiconductor industry in Asia and North America. The company's platform includes gas flow controller product lines that provide real-time monitoring and control of the critical parameters difficult to control in wafer processing. It serves integrated device manufacturers, foundries, and original equipment manufacturers. The company was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in Fremont, California.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert