How to buy Pioneer Resources shares
Own Pioneer Resources shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Pioneer Resources Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Pioneer Resources shares (PIO) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Pioneer Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $18.3 million..
How to buy shares in Pioneer Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Pioneer Resources . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PIO. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Pioneer Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.094, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Pioneer Resources . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Pioneer Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Pioneer Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Pioneer Resources performance over time
- Are Pioneer Resources shares over-valued?
- Pioneer Resources 's financials
- How volatile are Pioneer Resources shares?
- Does Pioneer Resources pay a dividend?
- Have Pioneer Resources shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Pioneer Resources 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Pioneer Resources 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.094, which is 85.11% up on its pre-crash value of $0.014 and 1,242.86% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.007.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Pioneer Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $750.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $7,833.33.
Pioneer Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PIO stocks over time.
Pioneer Resources shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.007 - $0.14|
|50-day moving average||$0.1063|
|200-day moving average||$0.1073|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.019|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Pioneer Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Pioneer Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-12)||-1.05%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||20.51%|
|3 months (2020-10-19)||-10.48%|
|6 months (2020-07-17)||-14.55%|
|1 year (2020-01-17)||571.43%|
|2 years (2019-01-18)||487.50%|
|3 years (2018-01-19)||235.71%|
|5 years (2016-01-19)||487.50%|
Is Pioneer Resources under- or over-valued?
Valuing Pioneer Resources stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Pioneer Resources 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Pioneer Resources 's P/E ratio
Pioneer Resources 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 12x. In other words, Pioneer Resources shares trade at around 12x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Pioneer Resources 's EBITDA
Pioneer Resources 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $6.2 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Pioneer Resources 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Pioneer Resources financials
|Revenue TTM||$18.3 million|
|Operating margin TTM||13.27%|
|Gross profit TTM||$3.8 million|
|Return on assets TTM||6.57%|
|Return on equity TTM||17.91%|
|Market capitalisation||$15.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Pioneer Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Pioneer Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Pioneer Resources 's shares ever split?
Pioneer Resources 's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 10 July 2020. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Pioneer Resources shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Pioneer Resources shares which in turn could have impacted Pioneer Resources 's share price.
Pioneer Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Pioneer Resources 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.007 up to $0.14. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Pioneer Resources 's is 0.8163. This would suggest that Pioneer Resources 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Pioneer Resources overview
Pioneer Resources Limited explores for and develops mineral properties in Australia and Canada. The company primarily explores for lithium, cesium, gold, cobalt, and nickel deposits. It holds interest in the Pioneer Dome Lithium-Caesium-Tantalum Project, Donelly Lithium Project, Phillips River Lithium Project, Bogardi Lithium Clay Project, Acra Project, Kangan Project, and Golden Ridge Project, Fairwater Nickel Project in Western Australia, as well as holds interest in Mavis Lake Project in Ontario, Canada. The company was incorporated in 2003 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Pioneer Resources units | A$51.73
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Pioneer Resources units | A$52.92
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Pioneer Resources units | A$103.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Pioneer Resources units | A$23.84
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Pioneer Resources units | A$88.09
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Pioneer Resources units | A$16.16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Pioneer Resources units | A$75.2
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Pioneer Resources units | A$50.77
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Pioneer Resources units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert