How to buy Pilot Energy (PGY) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Pilot Energy shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Pilot Energy Limited is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Pilot Energy shares (PGY) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Pilot Energy has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $355,606. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Pilot Energy
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Pilot Energy . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PGY. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Pilot Energy reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Pilot Energy . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
Pilot Energy stock price (ASX:PGY)Use our graph to track the performance of PGY stocks over time.
Pilot Energy shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.018 - $0.082|
|50-day moving average||$0.082|
|200-day moving average||$0.0768|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.013|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Pilot Energy stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Pilot Energy price performance over time
|1 month (2021-07-05)||0.082|
|3 months (2021-05-05)||0.082|
|5 years (2016-08-01)||inf%|
Pilot Energy financials
|Gross profit TTM||$355,606|
|Return on assets TTM||-265.99%|
|Return on equity TTM||0%|
|Market capitalisation||$31 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Pilot Energy share dividends
We're not expecting Pilot Energy to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Pilot Energy 's shares ever split?
Pilot Energy 's shares were split on a 1:50 basis on 13 July 2017. So if you had owned 50 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Pilot Energy shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 4900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Pilot Energy shares which in turn could have impacted Pilot Energy 's share price.
Pilot Energy share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Pilot Energy 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.018 up to $0.082. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Pilot Energy 's is 0.8975. This would suggest that Pilot Energy 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Pilot Energy overview
Pilot Energy Limited engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of conventional oil and gas assets in Australia. The company holds 100% working interests in EP416 and EP480 exploration permits covering an area of 2,310 square kilometers located in southern Perth basin; and 13.058% working interests in the EP437 situated in the northern Perth basin. It also holds a 60% working interests in the WA-481-P exploration permit covering 8,630 square kilometers; and 80% working interests in the WA-503-P exploration permit located in the offshore north Perth basin. The company was formerly known as Rampart Energy Ltd and changed its name to Pilot Energy Limited in May 2013. Pilot Energy Limited was incorporated in 1998 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Stocks similar to Pilot Energy
Pilot Energy in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the WAY2VAT IPO
Everything we know about the WAY2VAT IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Pearl Gull Iron IPO
Everything we know about the Pearl Gull Iron IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Zoom2u Technologies IPO
Everything we know about the Zoom2u Technologies IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Copper Search IPO
Copper Search is expected to go public . Here's how to buy in when the IPO launches.
How to invest in the Alvo Minerals IPO
Everything we know about the Alvo Minerals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Star Minerals Limited IPO
Everything we know about the Star Minerals Limited IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Heavy Mineral Limited IPO
Everything we know about the Heavy Mineral Limited IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the X2M Connect IPO
Everything we know about the X2M Connect IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Industrial Minerals (IND.AU) shares
Steps to owning and managing Industrial Minerals shares.
How to invest in the SSH Group IPO
Everything we know about the SSH Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert