How to buy Piedmont Lithium (PLL) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in Piedmont Lithium shares.
Piedmont Lithium is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Piedmont Lithium shares (PLL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Piedmont Lithium has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $47.1 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Piedmont Lithium
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Piedmont Lithium . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PLL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Piedmont Lithium reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Piedmont Lithium . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Piedmont Lithium key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Piedmont Lithium stock a buy or sell?
- Piedmont Lithium performance over time
- Piedmont Lithium 's financials
- How volatile are Piedmont Lithium shares?
- Does Piedmont Lithium pay a dividend?
- Have Piedmont Lithium shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Piedmont Lithium stock price (ASX:PLL)Use our graph to track the performance of PLL stocks over time.
Piedmont Lithium shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.39 - $1.085|
|50-day moving average||$0.5198|
|200-day moving average||$0.7528|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.01|
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Piedmont Lithium stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Piedmont Lithium price performance over time
|1 week (2023-11-24)||-10.47%|
|1 month (2023-11-01)||-12.50%|
|3 months (2023-09-01)||-44.60%|
|6 months (2023-06-01)||-54.17%|
|1 year (2022-12-01)||-53.61%|
|2 years (2021-12-01)||-53.89%|
|3 years (2020-12-01)||-1.28%|
|5 years (2018-11-30)||208.00%|
Piedmont Lithium financials
|Revenue TTM||$47.1 million|
|Operating margin TTM||25.69%|
|Gross profit TTM||$79.6 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-3.49%|
|Return on equity TTM||-2.3%|
|Market capitalisation||$816.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Piedmont Lithium share dividends
We're not expecting Piedmont Lithium to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Piedmont Lithium 's shares ever split?
Piedmont Lithium 's shares were split on a 1:2 basis on 28 November 2006. So if you had owned 2 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Piedmont Lithium shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 100% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Piedmont Lithium shares which in turn could have impacted Piedmont Lithium 's share price.
Piedmont Lithium share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Piedmont Lithium 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.39 up to $1.085. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Piedmont Lithium 's is 0.663. This would suggest that Piedmont Lithium 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Piedmont Lithium overview
Piedmont Lithium Inc., a development stage company, engages in the exploration and development of resource projects in the United States. The company primarily holds a 100% interest in the Carolina Lithium Project that include an area of approximately 3,245 acres located within the Carolina Tin-Spodumene Belt situated to the northwest of Charlotte, North Carolina in the United States. It also owns a real property of approximately 5 acres in Bessemer City, North Carolina; and 61-acre property in Kings Mountain, North Carolina. The company was incorporated in 2020 and is headquartered in Belmont, North Carolina.
Stocks similar to Piedmont Lithium
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy OpenAI stock in Australia
Looking to jump on the AI bandwagon? Here's how you can invest in ChatGPT and its parent company OpenAI from Australia.
Best performing stocks on the ASX in 2023 (Updated weekly)
Looking for the best performing stocks in Australia? We update this list weekly.
Cryptocurrency ETFs explained: A simple guide for investors (2023)
If you’re looking for ways to gain exposure to Bitcoin and other digital currencies, cryptocurrency ETFs could be worth exploring. Find out what crypto ETFs are and how they work in this introductory guide.
How to buy Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA ADR (GOL) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Microsoft (MSFT) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Microsoft shares from in Australia.
A beginner’s guide to Lego investing
Looking for alternative investments? With a ROI of up to 3,593% lego may be worth considering. Read on to find out which lego sets are worth the investment.
The cheapest stock brokers in Australia (Dec 2023)
Find cheap stock brokerage in Australia when buying and selling shares on the ASX and other international exchanges.
What is the money market?
Learn about the money market and everyday consumer money market products.
Is investing in crowdfunding a safe investment?
Equity crowdfunding offers a unique opportunity for investors and for Australian startups, but Australia’s regulatory framework surrounding crowdfunding still lags behind the rest of the world.
The best trading platforms in Australia for 2023
Follow these tips to find the best share trading platform for you.
Ask an Expert