How to buy Petratherm shares
Own Petratherm shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Petratherm Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Petratherm shares (PTR) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Petratherm has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $66,994.
How to buy shares in Petratherm
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Petratherm. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PTR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Petratherm reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Petratherm. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Petratherm share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PTR stocks over time.
Petratherm shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.022 - $0.24|
|50-day moving average||$0.1568|
|200-day moving average||$0.1616|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.011|
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Petratherm stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
|Gross profit TTM||$-66,064|
|Return on assets TTM||-8.01%|
|Return on equity TTM||-12.85%|
|Market capitalisation||$28.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Petratherm share dividends
We're not expecting Petratherm to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Petratherm's shares ever split?
Petratherm's shares were split on a 1:2 basis on 2 March 2018. So if you had owned 2 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Petratherm shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 100% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Petratherm shares which in turn could have impacted Petratherm's share price.
Petratherm share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Petratherm's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.022 up to $0.24. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Petratherm's is 1.6415. This would suggest that Petratherm's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Petratherm Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the mineral exploration activities. It explores for gold, copper, and rare earth minerals. It primarily focuses on the Mabel Creek Ridge project that covers approximately 2852 km2 in South Australia; the Yuengroon project totaling approximately 683 km2 in Victoria; and the Silver Spoon project in Victoria. Petratherm Limited was founded in 2003 and is based in Dulwich, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Liberty Financial Group shares
Steps to owning and managing Liberty Financial Group shares.
How to buy Cettire shares
Steps to owning and managing Cettire shares.
How to buy BHP Group shares
Steps to owning and managing BHP Group shares.
How to buy Fisher-and-Paykel Healthcare Corporation shares
Steps to owning and managing Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Corp Ltd shares.
How to buy Bumble shares from Australia
Everything we know about the Bumble IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy MicroStrategy Incorporated shares
Steps to owning and managing MicroStrategy shares.
How to buy shares in Superhero
Everything we know about the Superhero IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Kuaishou shares from Australia
Everything we know about the Kuaishou IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Coinbase (PTR.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Coinbase IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Databricks (PTR.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Databricks IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert