How to buy Perseus Mining shares | A$1.315
Own Perseus Mining shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Perseus Mining Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Perseus Mining shares (PRU) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $1.315 – a decrease of 4.71% over the previous week. Perseus Mining has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $591.2 million.
How to buy shares in Perseus Mining
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Perseus Mining . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PRU. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Perseus Mining reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.315, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Perseus Mining . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Perseus Mining key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Perseus Mining stock a buy or sell?
- Perseus Mining performance over time
- Are Perseus Mining shares over-valued?
- Perseus Mining 's financials
- How volatile are Perseus Mining shares?
- Does Perseus Mining pay a dividend?
- Have Perseus Mining shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Perseus Mining 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Perseus Mining 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $1.315, which is 3.42% up on its pre-crash value of $1.27 and 108.73% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.63.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Perseus Mining shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $662.28 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,153.50.
Perseus Mining share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PRU stocks over time.
Perseus Mining shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$1.315|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.63 - AUDA$1.66|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$1.4156|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$1.296|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.079|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Perseus Mining stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Perseus Mining price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-22)||0%|
|1 month (2020-09-29)||-6.74%|
|3 months (2020-07-29)||-15.71%|
|6 months (2020-04-29)||28.92%|
|1 year (2019-10-29)||57.49%|
|2 years (2018-10-29)||241.56%|
|3 years (2017-10-27)||298.48%|
|5 years (2015-10-29)||228.09%|
Is Perseus Mining under- or over-valued?
Valuing Perseus Mining stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Perseus Mining 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Perseus Mining 's P/E ratio
Perseus Mining 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 18x. In other words, Perseus Mining shares trade at around 18x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Perseus Mining 's EBITDA
Perseus Mining 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $251.6 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Perseus Mining 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Perseus Mining financials
|Revenue TTM||$591.2 million|
|Operating margin TTM||19.13%|
|Gross profit TTM||$273.8 million|
|Return on assets TTM||6.24%|
|Return on equity TTM||11.38%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.6 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Perseus Mining share dividends
We're not expecting Perseus Mining to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Perseus Mining 's shares ever split?
Perseus Mining 's shares were split on 21 May 2009.
Perseus Mining share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Perseus Mining 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.63 up to $1.66. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Perseus Mining 's is 1.1207. This would suggest that Perseus Mining 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Perseus Mining overview
Perseus Mining Limited explores, evaluates, develops, and mines for gold properties in West Africa. It holds interests in the Edikan gold mine and Grumesa project located in Ghana; and Sissingué and Yaoure gold projects located in Côte d'Ivoire, as well as Mahalé, Mbengué, and Napié licenses in Côte d'Ivoire. The company was incorporated in 2003 and is based in Subiaco, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Where to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia.
Ask an Expert