How to buy Perseus Mining (PRU) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Perseus Mining shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Perseus Mining Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Perseus Mining shares (PRU) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Perseus Mining has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $679.7 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Perseus Mining
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Perseus Mining . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PRU. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Perseus Mining reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Perseus Mining . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Perseus Mining key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Perseus Mining stock a buy or sell?
- Perseus Mining performance over time
- Are Perseus Mining shares over-valued?
- Perseus Mining 's financials
- How volatile are Perseus Mining shares?
- Does Perseus Mining pay a dividend?
- Have Perseus Mining shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Perseus Mining stock price (ASX:PRU)Use our graph to track the performance of PRU stocks over time.
Perseus Mining shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.06 - $1.7175|
|50-day moving average||$1.5259|
|200-day moving average||$1.3608|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.094|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Perseus Mining stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Perseus Mining price performance over time
|1 week (2021-09-10)||4.51%|
|1 month (2021-08-18)||-1.95%|
|3 months (2021-06-18)||8.66%|
|6 months (2021-03-18)||19.92%|
|1 year (2020-09-18)||-3.83%|
|2 years (2019-09-18)||95.45%|
|3 years (2018-09-18)||336.23%|
|5 years (2016-09-16)||186.67%|
Is Perseus Mining under- or over-valued?
Valuing Perseus Mining stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Perseus Mining 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Perseus Mining 's P/E ratio
Perseus Mining 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 15x. In other words, Perseus Mining shares trade at around 15x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Perseus Mining 's EBITDA
Perseus Mining 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $283.5 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Perseus Mining 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Perseus Mining financials
|Revenue TTM||$679.7 million|
|Operating margin TTM||25.28%|
|Gross profit TTM||$303.1 million|
|Return on assets TTM||7.94%|
|Return on equity TTM||14.41%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.8 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Perseus Mining share dividends
We're not expecting Perseus Mining to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Perseus Mining 's shares ever split?
Perseus Mining 's shares were split on 21 May 2009.
Perseus Mining share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Perseus Mining 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.06 up to $1.7175. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Perseus Mining 's is 0.5787. This would suggest that Perseus Mining 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Perseus Mining overview
Perseus Mining Limited explores, evaluates, develops, and mines for gold properties in West Africa. The company primarily holds interests in the Edikan gold mine project located in Ghana; and Sissingué and Yaoure gold projects located in Côte d'Ivoire. Perseus Mining Limited was incorporated in 2003 and is based in Subiaco, Australia.
Stocks similar to Perseus Mining
Perseus Mining in the news
Perseus Mining Increases Net Profit By 48% in FY2021 to $139M & Declares Maiden Capital Return
Perseus Mining Announces Dividend Policy and Maiden Capital Return
Perseus Mining Updates Yaouré Life of Mine Plan
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Why is the Telstra share price running higher today?
Shares in the telecoms operator have jumped nearly 40% over the last 12 months.
How to buy IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Wabi (WABI) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Wabi (WABI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Cindicator (CND) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Cindicator (CND) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy MonaCoin (MONA) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the MonaCoin (MONA) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Bluzelle (BLZ) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Bluzelle (BLZ) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Whitecoin (XWC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Whitecoin (XWC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Storj (STORJ) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Storj (STORJ) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Will Qantas shares jump as it locks in travel dates to Fiji, the UK and the US?
Despite the good news, Qantas shares closed flat following the announcement, but that could change in the coming weeks.
Why is the Pilbara Minerals share price zooming today?
Shares in the lithium producer are up five-fold over the last 12 months.
Ask an Expert