Perenti Global Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Perenti Global shares (PRN) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $1.18 – a decrease of 4.84% over the previous week. Perenti Global has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $2 billion.
How to buy shares in Perenti Global
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Perenti Global. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PRN. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Perenti Global reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.18, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Perenti Global. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
Perenti Global share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PRN stocks over time.
Perenti Global shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$1.18|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.45 - AUDA$2.4|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$1.2068|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$1.0764|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.07 (5.67%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.035|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Perenti Global stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Perenti Global price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-23)||-4.45%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||-1.26%|
|3 months (2020-06-30)||2.16%|
|6 months (2020-03-30)||122.64%|
|1 year (2019-09-30)||-47.09%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||-33.33%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||-38.54%|
|5 years (2015-09-30)||311.87%|
Is Perenti Global under- or over-valued?
Valuing Perenti Global stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Perenti Global's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Perenti Global's P/E ratio
Perenti Global's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 36x. In other words, Perenti Global shares trade at around 36x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Perenti Global's EBITDA
Perenti Global's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $366.8 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Perenti Global's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Perenti Global financials
|Revenue TTM||$2 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||6.43%|
|Gross profit TTM||$616.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||3.04%|
|Return on equity TTM||1.96%|
|Market capitalisation||$866.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Perenti Global share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 200% of net profits
Recently Perenti Global has paid out, on average, around 200% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 5.67% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Perenti Global shareholders could enjoy a 5.67% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Perenti Global's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.07 per share.
Perenti Global's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 1 October 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Perenti Global share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Perenti Global's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.45 up to $2.4. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Perenti Global's is 2.2548. This would suggest that Perenti Global's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Perenti Global overview
Perenti Global Limited operates as a mining services company worldwide. It operates through Surface Mining, Underground Mining, and Investment segments. The Surface Mining segment offers exploration drilling, production drilling, blasting, and geotechnical services, as well as end-to-end contract surface mining; and logistics management and moving mining equipment and goods. The Underground Mining segment provides underground mining services specializing in mine development, production, diamond drilling, vertical development, design planning and scheduling, and equipment supply and maintenance. The Investments segment is involved in mining supplies; and products and services, including equipment rental, equipment parts and sales, and energy drilling and mineral analysis. The company was formerly known as Ausdrill Limited and changed its name to Perenti Global Limited in October 2019. Perenti Global Limited was founded in 1987 and is headquartered in Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert