How to buy Pengana International Equities (PIA) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Pengana International Equities shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Pengana International Equities Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. Pengana International Equities shares (PIA) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Pengana International Equities has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $60.2 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Pengana International Equities
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Pengana International Equities . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PIA. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Pengana International Equities reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Pengana International Equities . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Pengana International Equities key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Pengana International Equities stock a buy or sell?
- Pengana International Equities performance over time
- Are Pengana International Equities shares over-valued?
- Pengana International Equities 's financials
- How volatile are Pengana International Equities shares?
- Does Pengana International Equities pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Pengana International Equities stock price (ASX:PIA)Use our graph to track the performance of PIA stocks over time.
Pengana International Equities shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.0035 - $1.465|
|50-day moving average||$1.3322|
|200-day moving average||$1.2788|
|Dividend yield||$0.05 (3.45%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.141|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Pengana International Equities stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Pengana International Equities price performance over time
|1 month (2021-07-01)||-4.96%|
|3 months (2021-04-30)||2.05%|
Is Pengana International Equities under- or over-valued?
Valuing Pengana International Equities stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Pengana International Equities 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Pengana International Equities 's P/E ratio
Pengana International Equities 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 10x. In other words, Pengana International Equities shares trade at around 10x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Pengana International Equities financials
|Revenue TTM||$60.2 million|
|Operating margin TTM||87.24%|
|Gross profit TTM||$40.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||9.59%|
|Return on equity TTM||11%|
|Market capitalisation||$366 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Pengana International Equities share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 56.82% of net profits
Recently Pengana International Equities has paid out, on average, around 56.82% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 5.3% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Pengana International Equities shareholders could enjoy a 5.3% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Pengana International Equities 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.05 per share.
Pengana International Equities 's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 6 September 2021 (the "ex-dividend date").
Pengana International Equities share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Pengana International Equities 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.0035 up to $1.465. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Pengana International Equities 's is 0.4448. This would suggest that Pengana International Equities 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Pengana International Equities overview
Pengana International Equities Limited is a closed-ended equity fund launched by Pengana Investment Management Limited. The fund is managed by Harding Loevner LP. It invests in public equity markets across the globe. The fund seeks to invest in stocks of companies operating across diversified sectors. It primarily invests in growth stocks available at reasonable prices of companies across all market capitalizations. The fund employs fundamental analysis with a focus on such as factors as competitive advantages, quality management, financial strength, and sustainable growth potential to create its portfolio. Its portfolio is ethically screened and actively managed. The fund benchmarks the performance of its portfolio against the MSCI World Total Return Index. Pengana International Equities Limited was formed on December 22, 2003 and is domiciled in Australia.
Pengana International Equities in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the X2M Connect IPO
Everything we know about the X2M Connect IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Industrial Minerals (IND.AU) shares
Steps to owning and managing Industrial Minerals shares.
How to invest in the SSH Group IPO
Everything we know about the SSH Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Iris Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Iris Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Li-S Energy IPO
Everything we know about the Li-S Energy IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO
Everything we know about the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the TEK-Ocean Group IPO
Everything we know about the TEK-Ocean Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy HNC Coin (HNC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hellenic Coin (HNC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Maro (MARO) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Maro (MARO) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Ethernity Chain (ERN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Ethernity Chain (ERN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert