How to buy Pengana Capital Group shares
Own Pengana Capital Group shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Pengana Capital Group Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. Pengana Capital Group shares (PCG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Pengana Capital Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $46.2 million..
How to buy shares in Pengana Capital Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Pengana Capital Group . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PCG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Pengana Capital Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.5, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Pengana Capital Group . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Pengana Capital Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Pengana Capital Group stock a buy or sell?
- Pengana Capital Group performance over time
- Are Pengana Capital Group shares over-valued?
- Pengana Capital Group 's financials
- How volatile are Pengana Capital Group shares?
- Does Pengana Capital Group pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Pengana Capital Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PCG stocks over time.
Pengana Capital Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.82 - $1.895|
|50-day moving average||$1.3578|
|200-day moving average||$1.1307|
|Dividend yield||$0.08 (5.33%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.071|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Pengana Capital Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Pengana Capital Group price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-14)||-11.24%|
|1 month (2020-12-21)||-8.26%|
|3 months (2020-10-21)||0%|
|6 months (2020-07-21)||46.34%|
|1 year (2020-01-21)||-12.28%|
|2 years (2019-01-21)||-31.19%|
|3 years (2018-01-19)||-59.57%|
|5 years (2016-01-21)||-46.62%|
Is Pengana Capital Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Pengana Capital Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Pengana Capital Group 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Pengana Capital Group 's P/E ratio
Pengana Capital Group 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 21x. In other words, Pengana Capital Group shares trade at around 21x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Pengana Capital Group 's EBITDA
Pengana Capital Group 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $9.3 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Pengana Capital Group 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Pengana Capital Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$46.2 million|
|Operating margin TTM||14.33%|
|Gross profit TTM||$15.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||4%|
|Return on equity TTM||7.22%|
|Market capitalisation||$154.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Pengana Capital Group share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 114.29% of net profits
Recently Pengana Capital Group has paid out, on average, around 114.29% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 5.33% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Pengana Capital Group shareholders could enjoy a 5.33% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Pengana Capital Group 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.08 per share.
Pengana Capital Group 's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 9 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Pengana Capital Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Pengana Capital Group 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.82 up to $1.895. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Pengana Capital Group 's is 1.3664. This would suggest that Pengana Capital Group 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Pengana Capital Group overview
Pengana Holdings Pty Ltd. is a publicly owned investment manager. The firm invests in the public equity and fixed income markets across the globe. The firm uses investment products that employ active strategies with non-benchmark mandates. The firm operates as a subsidiary of Elly Investments Pty Ltd. Pengana Holdings Pty Ltd. was founded in 2003 and is based in Sydney, Australia with additional offices in Melbourne, Australia and Brisbane, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Pengana Capital Group units | A$51.74
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Pengana Capital Group units | A$52.98
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Pengana Capital Group units | A$103.81
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Pengana Capital Group units | A$23.91
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Pengana Capital Group units | A$88.92
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Pengana Capital Group units | A$16.55
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Pengana Capital Group units | A$75.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Pengana Capital Group units | A$51.3
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Pengana Capital Group units | A$9.38
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert