How to buy Pelican Resources shares
Own Pelican Resources shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Pelican Resources Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Pelican Resources shares (PEL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Pelican Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $601,317. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Pelican Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Pelican Resources . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PEL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Pelican Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Pelican Resources . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Pelican Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Pelican Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Pelican Resources performance over time
- Are Pelican Resources shares over-valued?
- Pelican Resources 's financials
- How volatile are Pelican Resources shares?
- Does Pelican Resources pay a dividend?
- Have Pelican Resources shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Pelican Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PEL stocks over time.
Pelican Resources shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.0258 - $0.077|
|50-day moving average||$0.0272|
|200-day moving average||$0.0272|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.0004|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Pelican Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Pelican Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2021-06-11)||-1.64%|
|1 month (2021-05-19)||3.45%|
|3 months (2021-03-19)||7.14%|
|6 months (2020-12-18)||-21.05%|
|1 year (2020-06-19)||37.87%|
|2 years (2019-06-19)||37.87%|
|3 years (2018-06-19)||67.41%|
|5 years (2016-06-17)||192.97%|
Is Pelican Resources under- or over-valued?
Valuing Pelican Resources stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Pelican Resources 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Pelican Resources 's P/E ratio
Pelican Resources 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 2x. In other words, Pelican Resources shares trade at around 2x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Pelican Resources financials
|Gross profit TTM||$601,317|
|Return on assets TTM||-7.81%|
|Return on equity TTM||0.68%|
|Market capitalisation||$3.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Pelican Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Pelican Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Pelican Resources 's shares ever split?
Pelican Resources 's shares were split on a 5:8 basis on 27 October 2020. So if you had owned 8 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 5 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Pelican Resources shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 60% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Pelican Resources shares which in turn could have impacted Pelican Resources 's share price.
Pelican Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Pelican Resources 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.0258 up to $0.077. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Pelican Resources 's is 0.2371. This would suggest that Pelican Resources 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Pelican Resources overview
Pelican Resources Limited focuses on the resources sector. The company was incorporated in 1994 and is based in Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Why the BHP, Rio and FMG share prices are rising
Shares in mining giants BHP, Rio Tinto and Fortescue Metals have climbed between 10%-16% in the last 6 months.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: $1,000 off Dell gaming laptops, 30% off kids toys, win $10,000 with Optus.
eBay EOFY sales: Best deals from Apple, KitchenAid and more
Score up to 65% off best-selling products with these top end of financial year offers.
Thinking about teeth aligners? Here’s how to make them more affordable
SPONSORED: Perfect teeth could be in closer reach than you think.
Your first look at the Billie Eilish x Air Jordan 1 sneaker collab
Featuring Billie's signature shade, here's what you need to know if you want to cop these kicks.
Amazon Prime Day 2021: Don’t miss these deals on 21 June
Amazon Prime Day is returning to Australia in the first half of 2021. Here are six online deals you need to know about.
How to buy TitanSwap (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the TitanSwap (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert