How to buy Peak Resources shares | A$0.036
Own Peak Resources shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Peak Resources Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Peak Resources shares (PEK) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.036 – an increase of 9.09% over the previous week. Peak Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $98,795.
How to buy shares in Peak Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Peak Resources . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PEK. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Peak Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.036, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Peak Resources . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Peak Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Peak Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Peak Resources performance over time
- Are Peak Resources shares over-valued?
- Peak Resources 's financials
- How volatile are Peak Resources shares?
- Does Peak Resources pay a dividend?
- Have Peak Resources shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Peak Resources 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Peak Resources 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.036, which is 10.00% down on its pre-crash value of $0.04 and 140.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.015.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Peak Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $475.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $900.00.
Peak Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PEK stocks over time.
Peak Resources shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.036|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.015 - AUDA$0.051|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0331|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0271|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.006|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Peak Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Peak Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-23)||-2.70%|
|1 month (2020-10-01)||33.33%|
|3 months (2020-07-31)||12.50%|
|6 months (2020-05-01)||80.00%|
|1 year (2019-10-31)||-12.20%|
|2 years (2018-10-31)||5.88%|
|3 years (2017-10-31)||-18.18%|
|5 years (2015-10-30)||-40.50%|
Is Peak Resources under- or over-valued?
Valuing Peak Resources stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Peak Resources 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Peak Resources 's P/E ratio
Peak Resources 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 5x. In other words, Peak Resources shares trade at around 5x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Peak Resources financials
|Gross profit TTM||$-948,436|
|Return on assets TTM||-4.83%|
|Return on equity TTM||18.26%|
|Market capitalisation||$44.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Peak Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Peak Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Peak Resources 's shares ever split?
Peak Resources 's shares were split on 15 April 2009.
Peak Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Peak Resources 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.015 up to $0.051. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Peak Resources 's is 0.7174. This would suggest that Peak Resources 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Peak Resources overview
Peak Resources Limited engages in the exploration and evaluation of mineral licenses in Tanzania. The company explores for magnet metal neodymium and praseodymium rare earth mixed oxides. It holds 100% interests in the Ngualla project located in southern Tanzania; and Mikuwo and Mlingi projects situated in Tanzania. The company was incorporated in 2005 and is headquartered in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Hipages (PEK.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Hipages IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy the US Vegan Climate ETF | N/AN/A
Steps to owning and managing buy US Vegan Climate ETF units.
How to buy Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares | A$0.023
Steps to owning and managing Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares from Australia.
How to buy Peak Resources shares | $56.73
Steps to owning and managing Bunge Ltd shares from Australia.
How to buy Peak Resources shares | $37.47
Steps to owning and managing Conagra Brands shares from Australia.
How to buy Peak Resources shares | $67.1
Steps to owning and managing Kellogg Company shares from Australia.
How to buy Peak Resources shares | $70.89
Steps to owning and managing Ingredion shares from Australia
How to buy Peak Resources shares | $59.71
Steps to owning and managing Tyson Foods shares from Australia.
Where to buy writing pencils online in Australia
A list of stores to buy writing pencils online in Australia.
Where to buy wrapper & band sorter racks online in Australia
A list of stores to buy wrapper & band sorter racks online in Australia.
Ask an Expert