When and where to buy Pat McGrath Labs’ Midnight Sun palette
Image: Instagram user patmcgrathreal
Get your wallets ready. Pat McGrath has announced the launch of her newest Mothership palette, Midnight Sun, and it might be the best one yet!
If you're anything like me, you'll buy anything and everything Pat McGrath lends her name to. Pigmented, sparkly and always in fabulous packaging, Pat McGrath Labs' cosmetics always feel like a real treat to buy and to own. And her latest creation is no different.
It's called Mothership VI: Midnight Sun and if the name hasn't got you excited, a quick peek inside certainly will. It's a brand new palette in her standard 10-pan Mothership design, but the colours are warmer and richer than her previous creations. Tawny, golden and with plenty of shimmer (of course), this palette brings together some of the biggest shades of the moment – and a few surprise additions too.
View this post on Instagram
The shades are as follows:
- Skinshow Moon Glow – a glowy pink-white
- Taboo – a tawny neutral
- Wicked Envy – a shimmery olive
- Moon Blood 005 – a high-impact orange
- Jubilee – a gold (of course)
- Xtreme Dusk – a deep cool-toned brown
- Bronze Eclipse – a shimmery, bronzy copper
- Vermillion Venom – a rich red brown
- Blitz Violet Orchid – an electric lilac
- Astral Solstice – a grey-white shimmer with a touch of iridescence
So naturally we're all going to race out and buy this one as soon as it's available. So, when exactly is that? Well, according to Pat McGrath's Instagram, the palette will be available for purchase on 6 September – which is most likely a US/UK release. So those of us in Australia and New Zealand will have to wait another day. Pat McGrath Labs is available to Australians at Sephora and also at Net-A-Porter. Make sure you keep your eyes on these stores for the launch!
Pat McGrath describes the new palette with her usual poeticism:
"Revel in the nocturnal surrealism of Mother's NEW Eye Palette - STARRING ten opulent hues that conjure the divinity of the Midnight Sun. A scintillating solstice of colour emerges as magical bronzes, wicked violets, mystical crimsons and divine golds eclipse eyes with multi-dimensional effects and unprecedented single-stroke intensity."
And if you weren't sold already, that's enough to convince anyone.
View this post on Instagram
The British makeup artist turned beauty mogul, is the brains behind one of the industry's most highly respected brands – Pat McGrath Labs. The brand is a luxury and opulent celebration of beauty in all its forms whether it be extreme 80s purple eyeliner or clean no-makeup makeup. Pat McGrath pushes the boundaries of beauty and has conceived a new wave of cosmetics. For these reasons and more, she has made the list of Time Magazine's 100 most influential people.
- Why you need the MAC Cosmetics Loud and Clear collection
- Kat Von D is selling her beauty brand, but what happens now?
- Finder Beauty Fave: Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum cream
- Lush just dropped a vegan version of UltraBland (its holy grail cleanser)
- When you can shop the NYX x Chilling Adventures of Sabrina collection