How to buy Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL (PCL) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL shares.
Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL shares (PCL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $137 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PCL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL stock a buy or sell?
- Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL performance over time
- Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL's financials
- How volatile are Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL shares?
- Does Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL pay a dividend?
- Have Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL stock price (ASX:PCL)Use our graph to track the performance of PCL stocks over time.
Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.005 - $0.022|
|50-day moving average||$0.016|
|200-day moving average||$0.014|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0|
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL price performance over time
|1 week (2023-11-20)||12.50%|
|1 month (2023-10-27)||28.57%|
|3 months (2023-08-28)||0.018|
|6 months (2023-05-26)||80.00%|
|1 year (2022-11-28)||260.00%|
|2 years (2021-11-26)||1,700.00%|
|3 years (2020-11-27)||1,100.00%|
|5 years (2018-11-28)||800.00%|
Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL financials
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||-6.85%|
|Return on equity TTM||-32.22%|
|Market capitalisation||$137 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL share dividends
We're not expecting Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL's shares ever split?
Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL's shares were split on a 1.0455:1 basis on 11 November 2009. So if you had owned 1 share the day before the split, the next day you would own 1.0455 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 4.4% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL shares which in turn could have impacted Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL's share price.
Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.005 up to $0.022. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL's is -0.843. This would suggest that Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL has bucked the trend.
Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL overview
Pancontinental Energy NL engages in the exploration of oil and gas properties in Australia, Namibia, and Kenya. It holds 75% interests in the PEL 87 project consists of 10,970 square kilometers area located in offshore Namibia; and two exploration permits, ATP 920 and ATP 924 in the Cooper Basin, Queensland. The company was formerly known as Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL and changed its name to Pancontinental Energy NL in September 2021. Pancontinental Energy NL was incorporated in 1985 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Stocks similar to Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL
Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy OpenAI stock in Australia
Looking to jump on the AI bandwagon? Here's how you can invest in ChatGPT and its parent company OpenAI from Australia.
Best performing stocks on the ASX in 2023 (Updated weekly)
Looking for the best performing stocks in Australia? We update this list weekly.
Cryptocurrency ETFs explained: A simple guide for investors (2023)
If you’re looking for ways to gain exposure to Bitcoin and other digital currencies, cryptocurrency ETFs could be worth exploring. Find out what crypto ETFs are and how they work in this introductory guide.
How to buy Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA ADR (GOL) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Microsoft (MSFT) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Microsoft shares from in Australia.
A beginner’s guide to Lego investing
Looking for alternative investments? With a ROI of up to 3,593% lego may be worth considering. Read on to find out which lego sets are worth the investment.
The cheapest stock brokers in Australia (Nov 2023)
Find cheap stock brokerage in Australia when buying and selling shares on the ASX and other international exchanges.
What is the money market?
Learn about the money market and everyday consumer money market products.
Is investing in crowdfunding a safe investment?
Equity crowdfunding offers a unique opportunity for investors and for Australian startups, but Australia’s regulatory framework surrounding crowdfunding still lags behind the rest of the world.
The best trading platforms in Australia for 2023
Follow these tips to find the best share trading platform for you.
Ask an Expert