How to buy Paladin Energy shares | A$0.125
Own Paladin Energy shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Paladin Energy Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Paladin Energy shares (PDN) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.125 – an increase of 8.7% over the previous week. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $243.3 million.
How to buy shares in Paladin Energy
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Paladin Energy . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PDN. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Paladin Energy reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.125, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Paladin Energy . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
How has coronavirus impacted Paladin Energy 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Paladin Energy 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.125, which is 29.60% up on its pre-crash value of $0.088 and 257.14% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.035.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Paladin Energy shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $436.78 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,436.78.
Paladin Energy share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PDN stocks over time.
Paladin Energy shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.125|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.035 - AUDA$0.18|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.1428|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.1199|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.017|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Paladin Energy stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Paladin Energy price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-10)||N/A|
|1 month (2020-09-21)||-7.41%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||0%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||19.05%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||40.45%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||-35.90%|
|3 years (2017-10-19)||165.96%|
|5 years (2015-10-19)||-45.65%|
Paladin Energy financials
|Gross profit TTM||$-3,065,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-5.8%|
|Return on equity TTM||-54.29%|
|Market capitalisation||$243.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Paladin Energy share dividends
We're not expecting Paladin Energy to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Paladin Energy 's shares ever split?
Paladin Energy 's shares were split on 4 July 2000.
Paladin Energy share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Paladin Energy 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.035 up to $0.18. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Paladin Energy 's is 1.3553. This would suggest that Paladin Energy 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Paladin Energy overview
Paladin Energy Limited develops and operates uranium mines in Australia, Canada, and Africa. The company operates through Exploration, Namibia, Malawi, and Australia segments. Its flagship project is the Langer Heinrich mine located in the Namib Desert in Namibia. The company was formerly known as Paladin Resources Ltd and changed its name to Paladin Energy Limited in November 2007. The company was incorporated in 1993 and is based in Subiaco, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert