How to buy Pacific American Holdings shares
Own Pacific American Holdings shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Pacific American Holdings Limited is a coking coal business based in Australia. Pacific American Holdings shares (PAK) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Pacific American Holdings has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $6.1 million.
How to buy shares in Pacific American Holdings
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Pacific American Holdings . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: PAK. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Pacific American Holdings reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.021, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Pacific American Holdings . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Pacific American Holdings key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Pacific American Holdings stock a buy or sell?
- Pacific American Holdings performance over time
- Pacific American Holdings 's financials
- How volatile are Pacific American Holdings shares?
- Does Pacific American Holdings pay a dividend?
- Have Pacific American Holdings shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Pacific American Holdings share priceUse our graph to track the performance of PAK stocks over time.
Pacific American Holdings shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.009 - $0.039|
|50-day moving average||$0.0208|
|200-day moving average||$0.0137|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.007|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Pacific American Holdings stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Pacific American Holdings price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-15)||-16.00%|
|1 month (2020-12-23)||-4.55%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||-27.59%|
|6 months (2020-07-23)||133.33%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||-25.00%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||-52.27%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||-32.26%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||-51.83%|
Pacific American Holdings financials
|Operating margin TTM||4976.57%|
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||-15.84%|
|Return on equity TTM||-26.98%|
|Market capitalisation||$6.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Pacific American Holdings share dividends
We're not expecting Pacific American Holdings to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Pacific American Holdings 's shares ever split?
Pacific American Holdings 's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 30 October 2014. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Pacific American Holdings shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Pacific American Holdings shares which in turn could have impacted Pacific American Holdings 's share price.
Pacific American Holdings share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Pacific American Holdings 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.009 up to $0.039. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Pacific American Holdings 's is 0.2192. This would suggest that Pacific American Holdings 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Pacific American Holdings overview
Pacific American Holdings Limited focuses on the production, development, and exploration of metallurgical coal assets in Canada and Australia. The company holds a 100% interest in its flagship property, the Elko coking coal project, which covers an area of 3,571 hectares located in Kootenay, British Columbia, Canada. It also focuses on the development of hydro projects with a hybrid alternative energy solution in remote and off grid locations; and selling of micro-hydro units. The company was formerly known as Pacific American Coal Limited and changed its name to Pacific American Holdings Limited in May 2019. The company is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Pacific American Holdings units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Pacific American Holdings units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Pacific American Holdings units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Pacific American Holdings units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Pacific American Holdings units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Pacific American Holdings units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Pacific American Holdings units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Pacific American Holdings units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Pacific American Holdings units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert