How to buy Over the Wire Holdings shares
Own Over the Wire Holdings shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Over the Wire Holdings Limited is a telecom services business based in Australia. Over the Wire Holdings shares (OTW) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Over the Wire Holdings has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $87.7 million..
How to buy shares in Over the Wire Holdings
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Over the Wire Holdings . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: OTW. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Over the Wire Holdings reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $4.51, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Over the Wire Holdings . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Over the Wire Holdings key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Over the Wire Holdings stock a buy or sell?
- Over the Wire Holdings performance over time
- Are Over the Wire Holdings shares over-valued?
- Over the Wire Holdings 's financials
- How volatile are Over the Wire Holdings shares?
- Does Over the Wire Holdings pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Over the Wire Holdings share priceUse our graph to track the performance of OTW stocks over time.
Over the Wire Holdings shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.83 - $5|
|50-day moving average||$4.2886|
|200-day moving average||$3.6465|
|Dividend yield||$0.04 (0.82%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.097|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Over the Wire Holdings stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Over the Wire Holdings price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-15)||22.89%|
|1 month (2020-12-23)||6.87%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||-1.53%|
|6 months (2020-07-23)||25.28%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||-0.44%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||-1.96%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||53.40%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||351.00%|
Is Over the Wire Holdings under- or over-valued?
Valuing Over the Wire Holdings stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Over the Wire Holdings 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Over the Wire Holdings 's P/E ratio
Over the Wire Holdings 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 42x. In other words, Over the Wire Holdings shares trade at around 42x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Over the Wire Holdings 's EBITDA
Over the Wire Holdings 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $15.3 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Over the Wire Holdings 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Over the Wire Holdings financials
|Revenue TTM||$87.7 million|
|Operating margin TTM||8.68%|
|Gross profit TTM||$20.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||4.38%|
|Return on equity TTM||7.51%|
|Market capitalisation||$234.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Over the Wire Holdings share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 41.67% of net profits
Recently Over the Wire Holdings has paid out, on average, around 41.67% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 0.82% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Over the Wire Holdings shareholders could enjoy a 0.82% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Over the Wire Holdings 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.04 per share.
While Over the Wire Holdings 's payout ratio might seem fairly standard, it's worth remembering that Over the Wire Holdings may be investing much of the rest of its net profits in future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 14 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Over the Wire Holdings share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Over the Wire Holdings 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.83 up to $5. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Over the Wire Holdings 's is 0.985. This would suggest that Over the Wire Holdings 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Over the Wire Holdings overview
Over the Wire Holdings Limited provides data network and Internet, voice, cloud and managed, and data center co-location services in Australia and New Zealand. The company offers Internet connectivity services to enable Internet services, video conferencing, Software as a Service applications, and online collaboration for various businesses. It also provides Session Initiation Protocol based Internet voice solutions; and operates a platform that supports various client usage scenarios, from Private Branch exchanges (PBX) to call center dialers, for inbound and outbound calling. In addition, the company offers a range of private cloud-based services consisting of Infrastructure as a Service, hosted PBX, and managed services. Further, it allows customers to house their equipment, such as servers and network equipment. The company was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Over the Wire Holdings units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Over the Wire Holdings units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Over the Wire Holdings units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Over the Wire Holdings units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Over the Wire Holdings units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Over the Wire Holdings units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Over the Wire Holdings units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Over the Wire Holdings units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Over the Wire Holdings units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert