How to buy Orminex shares | A$0.027
Own Orminex shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Orminex Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Orminex shares (ONX) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.027 – an increase of 8% over the previous week. Orminex has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $542,934.
How to buy shares in Orminex
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Orminex . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ONX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Orminex reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.027, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Orminex . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
How has coronavirus impacted Orminex 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Orminex 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.027, which is 59.70% down on its pre-crash value of $0.067 and 3.85% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.026.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Orminex shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $462.50 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $337.50.
Orminex share priceUse our graph to track the performance of ONX stocks over time.
Orminex shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.027|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.021 - AUDA$0.11|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0315|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.041|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.001|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Orminex stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Orminex price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-13)||8.00%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||-12.90%|
|3 months (2020-07-20)||-28.95%|
|6 months (2020-04-20)||-55.00%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||-75.45%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||-89.20%|
|3 years (2017-10-20)||-98.96%|
|5 years (2015-10-20)||-98.96%|
|Gross profit TTM||$369,644|
|Return on assets TTM||-3.63%|
|Return on equity TTM||-5.27%|
|Market capitalisation||$13.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Orminex share dividends
We're not expecting Orminex to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Orminex 's shares ever split?
Orminex 's shares were split on a 1:130 basis on 26 December 2017. So if you had owned 130 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Orminex shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 12900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Orminex shares which in turn could have impacted Orminex 's share price.
Orminex share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Orminex 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.021 up to $0.11. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Orminex 's is 1.3879. This would suggest that Orminex 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Orminex Limited operates as a gold development and exploration company in Australia. It holds a 51% interest in the Comet Vale project located to the northwest of Kalgoorlie, Western Australia. It also holds a 100% interest in the Golden Lode project; the Happy Jack Project; and the Penny's Find Project located in Western Australia. The company was formerly known as Mintails Limited. Orminex Limited was incorporated in 1970 and is based in Subiaco, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert