How to buy Orion Minerals shares
Own Orion Minerals shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Orion Minerals Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Orion Minerals shares (ORN) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Orion Minerals has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $56,000. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Orion Minerals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Orion Minerals . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ORN. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Orion Minerals reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Orion Minerals . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
Orion Minerals share priceUse our graph to track the performance of ORN stocks over time.
Orion Minerals shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.014 - $0.045|
|50-day moving average||$0.0364|
|200-day moving average||$0.0329|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.005|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Orion Minerals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Orion Minerals price performance over time
|1 week (2021-06-07)||0.037|
|1 month (2021-05-14)||5.71%|
|3 months (2021-03-12)||2.78%|
|6 months (2020-12-14)||42.31%|
|1 year (2020-06-12)||131.25%|
|2 years (2019-06-14)||32.14%|
|3 years (2018-06-14)||-9.76%|
|5 years (2016-06-14)||85.00%|
Orion Minerals financials
|Gross profit TTM||$70,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-7.07%|
|Return on equity TTM||-21.52%|
|Market capitalisation||$148.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Orion Minerals share dividends
We're not expecting Orion Minerals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Orion Minerals 's shares ever split?
Orion Minerals 's shares were split on a 1:40 basis on 20 December 2012. So if you had owned 40 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Orion Minerals shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 3900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Orion Minerals shares which in turn could have impacted Orion Minerals 's share price.
Orion Minerals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Orion Minerals 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.014 up to $0.045. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Orion Minerals 's is 1.728. This would suggest that Orion Minerals 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Orion Minerals overview
Orion Minerals Limited explores for, evaluates, and develops mineral properties in Australia and South Africa. The company primarily explores for gold, zinc, copper, nickel, silver, and cobalt, as well as platinum group metals elements. Its flagship project is the Prieska Copper-Zinc project located in the Northern Cape province of South Africa. The company was incorporated in 2001 and is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the BCAL Diagnostics (ORN.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the BCAL Diagnostics IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Zip Business Trade Plus
Zip's Business Trade Plus service allows you to split the cost of your business expenses up to $150K over four4 monthly instalments, without having to pay anything for the first 60 days, for a 3% fee. Find out more here.
How to get big discounts at the new Amazon Warehouse store
From fashion to toys to home appliances, here's how you can save your hard-earned cash at Amazon.
How to get Oprah’s new best-seller for free this Amazon Prime Day
As part of the Australian Prime Day sales, members can now score themselves 7 popular audiobooks for free.
Ask an Expert