How to buy Orion Metals shares
Own Orion Metals shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Orion Metals Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Orion Metals shares (ORM) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Orion Metals has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $8.2 million.
How to buy shares in Orion Metals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Orion Metals . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ORM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Orion Metals reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.016, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Orion Metals . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
Orion Metals share priceUse our graph to track the performance of ORM stocks over time.
Orion Metals shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.013 - $0.022|
|50-day moving average||$0.0156|
|200-day moving average||$0.0185|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.001|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Orion Metals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Orion Metals price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-12)||-20.00%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||0%|
|3 months (2020-10-20)||0%|
|6 months (2020-07-20)||-27.27%|
|1 year (2020-01-17)||6.67%|
|2 years (2019-01-18)||220.00%|
|3 years (2018-01-19)||-79.22%|
|5 years (2016-01-19)||166.67%|
Orion Metals financials
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||-272.25%|
|Return on equity TTM||0%|
|Market capitalisation||$8.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Orion Metals share dividends
We're not expecting Orion Metals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Orion Metals 's shares ever split?
Orion Metals 's shares were split on 30 March 2010.
Orion Metals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Orion Metals 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.013 up to $0.022. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Orion Metals 's is 2.9915. This would suggest that Orion Metals 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Orion Metals overview
Orion Metals Limited engages in the exploration of rare earth elements (REE). It explores for heavy REE, copper, gold, tin, tungsten, and base metals. The company holds a 100% interest in the MT Surprise Project located in the north-east of Georgetown in north Queensland; and Top Camp Project located in the south of Cloncurry, north Queensland. Its properties also comprise the Mt Ramsay project located west of Gladstone, Queensland. The company was formerly known as Queensland Gold and Minerals Limited and changed its name to Orion Metals Limited in 2009. Orion Metals Limited is based in Calamvale, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Orion Metals units | A$51.73
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Orion Metals units | A$52.92
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Orion Metals units | A$103.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Orion Metals units | A$23.84
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Orion Metals units | A$88.09
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Orion Metals units | A$16.16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Orion Metals units | A$75.2
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Orion Metals units | A$50.77
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Orion Metals units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert