How to buy Orion Equities (OEQ) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Orion Equities shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Orion Equities is an asset management business based in Australia. Orion Equities shares (OEQ) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Orion Equities has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $5.1 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Orion Equities
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Orion Equities . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: OEQ. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Orion Equities reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Orion Equities . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Orion Equities key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Orion Equities stock a buy or sell?
- Orion Equities performance over time
- Are Orion Equities shares over-valued?
- Orion Equities 's financials
- How volatile are Orion Equities shares?
- Does Orion Equities pay a dividend?
- Have Orion Equities shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Orion Equities stock price (ASX:OEQ)Use our graph to track the performance of OEQ stocks over time.
Orion Equities shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.15 - $0.43|
|50-day moving average||$0.1663|
|200-day moving average||$0.2561|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.337|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Orion Equities stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Orion Equities price performance over time
|1 week (2022-01-07)||0.17|
|1 month (2021-12-17)||6.25%|
|3 months (2021-10-15)||-39.29%|
|6 months (2021-07-16)||-57.50%|
|1 year (2021-01-15)||-2.86%|
|3 years (2019-01-14)||-22.73%|
Is Orion Equities under- or over-valued?
Valuing Orion Equities stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Orion Equities 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Orion Equities 's P/E ratio
Orion Equities 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 1x. In other words, Orion Equities shares trade at around 1x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Orion Equities 's EBITDA
Orion Equities 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $4.6 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Orion Equities 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Orion Equities financials
|Revenue TTM||$5.1 million|
|Operating margin TTM||90.2%|
|Gross profit TTM||$4.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||59.49%|
|Return on equity TTM||11.96%|
|Market capitalisation||$2.7 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Orion Equities share dividends
We're not expecting Orion Equities to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Orion Equities 's shares ever split?
Orion Equities 's shares were split on a 2:1 basis on 6 June 2004. So if you had owned 1 share the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 2 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Orion Equities shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 50% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for Orion Equities shares which in turn could have impacted Orion Equities 's share price.
Orion Equities share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Orion Equities 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.15 up to $0.43. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Orion Equities 's is 0.4738. This would suggest that Orion Equities 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Orion Equities overview
Orion Equities Limited is a publicly owned investment manager. The firm provides its services to individuals and institutional investors. It invests in public equity markets across the globe. The firm also engages itself in alternative investments and listed and unlisted securities, real estate held for development and resale. It invests in materials and diversified financial sectors. Orion Equities Limited is based in Perth, Australia. Orion Equities Limited operates as a subsidiary of Queste Communications Ltd.
Stocks similar to Orion Equities
Orion Equities in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
RAT scams: How to avoid getting conned with rapid antigen tests
Don't fall for the scam artists when you're trying to protect your health - here's what to check.
How to do a COVID-19 test at home for international travel
Here's where you can book COVID-19 at-home tests approved for travel and how they work.
Where to shop every product in Kiernan Shipka’s beauty routine
We've rounded up everything you need to nail the 'date-worthy' makeup look, including some affordable dupes.
American Express Corporate Gold Card
Designed for big companies, this Amex charge card offers a mix of management tools and perks – including a 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards offer.
Rapid antigen tests: When will RAT stock be available? [UPDATED]
Rapid antigen tests are proving extremely hard to find, but there are options if you can be patient trying to find a RAT.
Beauty Product of the Week: Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer
We tried the viral Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer and spoiler alert, it's the bee's knees.
Where to watch Hotel Transylvania 4 online for free in Australia
Drac and the Pack are back, like you’ve never seen them before.
Dyson V12 Detect Slim review: Baby love, my baby love
A delightful compact vacuum with an unjustifiable price.
Stan Event: Streaming platform joins pay-per-view ranks
A new player enters the Australian sports broadcast market.
Amazon Echo Buds (2nd Gen) review: Fine if you’re already trapped by Bezos
The Amazon Echo Buds 2 are a solid addition to your earholes if you’re already integrated in the Alexa ecosystem. But if you’re not, its hard to find anything here that really stands out.
Ask an Expert