If you’re looking for the freshest organic produce then the Internet offers lots of choices. From quinoa to quinces, here’s where to shop for healthy and organic food online.
Broadly speaking, any food that calls itself organic is stating that at no point in its life has it had anything artificial sprayed on it, added to it or included in it. Most commonly this means it is free from pesticides, preservatives, additives, sweeteners, dyes, and (usually) that it is free from any type of genetic modification.
Although its popularity is growing, organic food remains a speciality area. Depending where you live, you may still find that it is hard to find organic products, or that the selection is limited.
But never fear, the internet is here, and today you can get a full range of organic products delivered right to your door. Read on to find out more about the best sites to buy healthy and organic foods online in Australia.
You’ll find a wide range of organic fruits and vegetables -- be sure to sign up to the Woolworths Everyday Rewards program to collect points and unlock savings.
- Wide selection of products, not limited to food
- Everyday Rewards program to earn points on your spend
- Delivery Saver passes available to cut costs of delivery
Aussie Health Products stock some of the biggest brands in organic, gluten-free health products and eco-wear/ Think Green & Black’s, Lakewood, Real Good Foods and Go Natural to name a few.
Some of the most popular items include healthy snacks, drinks. vitamins, beauty products and supplements.
- 14-day returns. If you're not satisfied with your products, you have two weeks to return them
- Pay a flat $8.95 for shipping on orders of 5kg or less
- Over 300 products in stock
The mission statement at Honest to Goodness is simple: 'No Nasties'.
This means the wholefoods seller, based out of Alexandria in Sydney, makes sure there are no artificial colours, flavours, preservatives, sweeteners, hydrogenated fats or GMOs in their food. They're also a Certified B Corporation, meaning they're super eco-friendly and have reached the highest standard of social and environmental accountability.
- Order Australia-wide direct from the Honest to Goodness website
- Check the Specials section for great monthly offers
- The Honest to Goodness recipes sections and Instagram account are full of tempting food inspiration
The Source stocks over 400 bulk whole foods including nuts, grains, herbs, cereals, flour, rice, paleo products, honey, oils, confectionary, cleaning products, personal care products - all stocked in gravity bins to eliminate packaging.
This waste-free shopping experience means you can bring your own container, jar or bag and buy exactly as much as you like of these wholesome products.
- Visit stores around the country or shop online
- Huge range of paleo, gluten-free, organic & vegan products
- The website has a weekly specials section
Natural Earth Health Products sells supplements, seed packages and home products.
While this probably won’t be enough to make up your full weekly shop, if you’re looking for certain nutritional items then it’s a good place to check out.
- Shipping available across Australia.
- Sale section that offers new products constantly.
- Also sell a range of health-focused books and DVDs
One of Australia’s largest supermarket chains, Coles has a wide selection of organic foods, including fruits and vegetables.
These can be bought in store or online, where you can also get all of the other products in its range. Keep your eyes peeled for specials and sales too.
- Wide selection of products, not limited to food
- Collect FlyBuys rewards points on all purchases
- Free delivery available every Wednesday
For a complete list of organic food products available on each store, check out the table below.
|Organic Food Categories||Harris Farm||Coconut Magic||Woolworths||Aussie Health Products||Honest to Goodness||The Source Bulk Whole Foods||Natural Earth Health Products||Coles|
|Infant Food or Baby Food||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Ambient Health Foods||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Chilled Health Foods||✔||✔||✔||✔|
In recent years there has been a real push toward organic foods, and many people believe that it’s a better, healthier choice. Reducing the amount of artificial ingredients that enter your body can only be a good thing, but it is also worth remembering that several studies have shown that organic and non-organic foods contain roughly the same amount of vitamins and minerals, so the health benefits may not be as great as you think. Organic foods do have other positives: , their production process is typically more environmentally friendly and more conscious of animal welfare.Back to top
Here are among the top reasons why you shouldn't think twice to buy from them:
Organic. Foods are grown from an organic farm that does not use harmful chemicals and pesticides in farming thus foods are nutritionally superior.
Vegan. Foods are produced without using any animal products or byproducts.
Gluten Free. Specially formulated food products for Gluten intolerant consumers which passed some third-party assessors.
Cruelty-Free. Animals raised for organic products are fed with a healthy, organic diet and are treated better than conventional counterparts.
Genetically Modified Organism or GMO-Free. Only uses natural ingredients in farming, fewer pesticides, natural pest control, and other more environmentally-friendly farming methods.
Certified Organic. Guarantees that foods are organic and products have been certified with Australian Certified Organic (ACO) meaning that they are scrutinised and passed strict ACO guidelines and standards.
|Organic Food Sites||Organic||Vegan||Gluten Free||Cruelty-Free||GMO-Free||Certified Organic|
|Aussie Health Products||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Honest to Goodness||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|The Source Bulk Whole Foods||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Natural Earth Health Products||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
Which of these retailers offer free delivery?
- Harris Farm — Free standard delivery every Wednesday and Saturday, on orders over $80.
- Coconut Magic — Free delivery on orders more than $99.
- Woolworths — Free delivery on your first shop and all orders over $300.
- Honest to Goodness — Free delivery on orders over $99, $149 and $249.
- Coles — Free delivery for Coles Credit Card users and first-time shoppers.
- Shopwings — First delivery free.
This article does not include every organic food provider or brand available but rather is a general summary of some of the most popular and efficient brands and products. These prorducts and details were checked on the 03/07/18 and may have changed since.