How to buy Orbital Corporation shares
Own Orbital Corporation shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Orbital Corporation Limited is an aerospace & defense business based in Australia. Orbital Corporation shares (OEC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Orbital Corporation has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $41.5 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Orbital Corporation
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Orbital Corporation . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: OEC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Orbital Corporation reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Orbital Corporation . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Orbital Corporation key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Orbital Corporation stock a buy or sell?
- Orbital Corporation performance over time
- Are Orbital Corporation shares over-valued?
- Orbital Corporation 's financials
- How volatile are Orbital Corporation shares?
- Does Orbital Corporation pay a dividend?
- Have Orbital Corporation shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Orbital Corporation share priceUse our graph to track the performance of OEC stocks over time.
Orbital Corporation shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.72 - $1.61|
|50-day moving average||$0.9108|
|200-day moving average||$0.9931|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.006|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Orbital Corporation stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Orbital Corporation price performance over time
|1 week (2021-06-11)||3.23%|
|1 month (2021-05-19)||17.07%|
|3 months (2021-03-19)||13.61%|
|6 months (2020-12-18)||-14.29%|
|1 year (2020-06-19)||28.00%|
|2 years (2019-06-18)||231.03%|
|3 years (2018-06-19)||149.35%|
|5 years (2016-06-17)||29.73%|
Is Orbital Corporation under- or over-valued?
Valuing Orbital Corporation stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Orbital Corporation 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Orbital Corporation 's P/E ratio
Orbital Corporation 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 150x. In other words, Orbital Corporation shares trade at around 150x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Orbital Corporation 's EBITDA
Orbital Corporation 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $1.8 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Orbital Corporation 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Orbital Corporation financials
|Revenue TTM||$41.5 million|
|Operating margin TTM||2.4%|
|Gross profit TTM||$18.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||1.68%|
|Return on equity TTM||3.4%|
|Market capitalisation||$69.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Orbital Corporation share dividends
We're not expecting Orbital Corporation to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Orbital Corporation 's shares ever split?
Orbital Corporation 's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 31 October 2010. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Orbital Corporation shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Orbital Corporation shares which in turn could have impacted Orbital Corporation 's share price.
Orbital Corporation share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Orbital Corporation 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.72 up to $1.61. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Orbital Corporation 's is 0.7037. This would suggest that Orbital Corporation 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Orbital Corporation overview
Orbital Corporation Limited engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) propulsion systems and flight critical components in Australia and the United States. It also focuses on the manufacture, assembly, and delivery of engines and propulsion systems for unmanned aerial vehicles. The company was formerly known as Orbital Engine Corporation Limited and changed its name to Orbital Corporation Limited in October 2004. Orbital Corporation Limited was incorporated in 1988 and is headquartered in Balcatta, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day best home deals: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Why the BHP, Rio and FMG share prices are rising
Shares in mining giants BHP, Rio Tinto and Fortescue Metals have climbed between 10%-16% in the last 6 months.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: $1,000 off Dell gaming laptops, 30% off kids toys, win $10,000 with Optus.
Ask an Expert