How to buy Orbital Corporation shares | A$1.18
Own Orbital Corporation shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Orbital Corporation Limited is an aerospace & defense business based in Australia. Orbital Corporation shares (OEC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $1.18 – a decrease of 7.09% over the previous week. Orbital Corporation has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $33.8 million.
How to buy shares in Orbital Corporation
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Orbital Corporation . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: OEC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Orbital Corporation reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.18, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Orbital Corporation . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Orbital Corporation key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Orbital Corporation stock a buy or sell?
- Orbital Corporation performance over time
- Are Orbital Corporation shares over-valued?
- Orbital Corporation 's financials
- How volatile are Orbital Corporation shares?
- Does Orbital Corporation pay a dividend?
- Have Orbital Corporation shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Orbital Corporation 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Orbital Corporation 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $1.18, which is 43.22% up on its pre-crash value of $0.67 and 210.53% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.38.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Orbital Corporation shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $816.33 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $2,408.17.
Orbital Corporation share priceUse our graph to track the performance of OEC stocks over time.
Orbital Corporation shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$1.18|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.305 - AUDA$1.61|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$1.184|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$1.0054|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.024|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Orbital Corporation stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Orbital Corporation price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-13)||-5.60%|
|1 month (2020-09-21)||11.32%|
|3 months (2020-07-20)||-7.81%|
|6 months (2020-04-20)||68.57%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||293.33%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||96.67%|
|3 years (2017-10-20)||133.66%|
|5 years (2015-10-19)||96.67%|
Is Orbital Corporation under- or over-valued?
Valuing Orbital Corporation stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Orbital Corporation 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Orbital Corporation 's P/E ratio
Orbital Corporation 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 52x. In other words, Orbital Corporation shares trade at around 52x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Orbital Corporation financials
|Revenue TTM||$33.8 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$18.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-2.64%|
|Return on equity TTM||10.9%|
|Market capitalisation||$91.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Orbital Corporation share dividends
We're not expecting Orbital Corporation to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Orbital Corporation 's shares ever split?
Orbital Corporation 's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 31 October 2010. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Orbital Corporation shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Orbital Corporation shares which in turn could have impacted Orbital Corporation 's share price.
Orbital Corporation share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Orbital Corporation 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.305 up to $1.61. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Orbital Corporation 's is 0.9477. This would suggest that Orbital Corporation 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Orbital Corporation overview
Orbital Corporation Limited engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) propulsion systems and flight critical components in Australia and the United States. It also focuses on the manufacture, assembly, and delivery of engines and propulsion systems for unmanned aerial vehicles. The company was formerly known as Orbital Engine Corporation Limited and changed its name to Orbital Corporation Limited in October 2004. Orbital Corporation Limited was incorporated in 1988 and is headquartered in Balcatta, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert