How to buy Orbital Corporation (OEC) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Orbital Corporation shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Orbital Corporation is an aerospace & defense business based in Australia. Orbital Corporation shares (OEC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Orbital Corporation has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $31.2 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Orbital Corporation
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Orbital Corporation . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: OEC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Orbital Corporation reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Orbital Corporation . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Orbital Corporation key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Orbital Corporation stock a buy or sell?
- Orbital Corporation performance over time
- Orbital Corporation 's financials
- How volatile are Orbital Corporation shares?
- Does Orbital Corporation pay a dividend?
- Have Orbital Corporation shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Orbital Corporation stock price (ASX:OEC)Use our graph to track the performance of OEC stocks over time.
Orbital Corporation shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.355 - $1.22|
|50-day moving average||$0.4148|
|200-day moving average||$0.6845|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.147|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Orbital Corporation stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Orbital Corporation price performance over time
|1 week (2022-01-17)||-3.90%|
|1 month (2021-12-24)||-2.63%|
|3 months (2021-10-22)||-38.33%|
|6 months (2021-07-23)||-55.95%|
|1 year (2021-01-22)||-68.24%|
|2 years (2020-01-24)||7.25%|
|3 years (2019-01-24)||-8.64%|
|5 years (2017-01-24)||-51.63%|
Is Orbital Corporation under- or over-valued?
Valuing Orbital Corporation stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Orbital Corporation 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Orbital Corporation 's EBITDA
Orbital Corporation 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $1.8 million (£961,277).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Orbital Corporation 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Orbital Corporation financials
|Revenue TTM||$31.2 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$15.2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-7.72%|
|Return on equity TTM||-89.96%|
|Market capitalisation||$33.7 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Orbital Corporation share dividends
We're not expecting Orbital Corporation to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Orbital Corporation 's shares ever split?
Orbital Corporation 's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 31 October 2010. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Orbital Corporation shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Orbital Corporation shares which in turn could have impacted Orbital Corporation 's share price.
Orbital Corporation share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Orbital Corporation 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.355 up to $1.22. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Orbital Corporation 's is 0.7572. This would suggest that Orbital Corporation 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Orbital Corporation overview
Orbital Corporation Limited engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) propulsion systems and flight critical components in Australia and the United States. It also focuses on the manufacture, assembly, and delivery of engines and propulsion systems for UAVs. The company was formerly known as Orbital Engine Corporation Limited and changed its name to Orbital Corporation Limited in October 2004. Orbital Corporation Limited was incorporated in 1988 and is headquartered in Balcatta, Australia.
Stocks similar to Orbital Corporation
Orbital Corporation in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Ethereum price plummets as crypto industry’s combined market cap drops by 10% within hours
With the total market cap of the crypto sector dropping by a whopping 10% within the last few hours, it seems as though the coming few days could be highly volatile for ETH.
Back to school laptops: Buying guide
What are the things to watch out for when buying your child's first laptop?
Bitcoin price dips below key level as Russia prepares for a blanket crypto ban
As Russia gets ready to outlaw its local crypto market, BTC could be faced with even greater volatility in the near future.
How to watch UFC 270 Ngannou vs Gane online and start time in Australia
Heavyweight stars Fancis Ngannou and Cyril Gane headline UFC 270.
Why has the Rio Tinto share price dropped today?
Shares in Rio Tinto have climbed more than 15% in the last month.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Stanmore Coal (SMR ↑5.2%), Kelly Partners Group Holdings (KPG ↑3.3%)
Here are the 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Friday 21 January 2022.
Beauty Product of the Week: Gisou Honey Infused Leave-In Conditioner
This leave-in conditioner transformed my unwashed mop into silky locks that would make Rapunzel envious.
Samsung confirms Galaxy S22 Ultra will be a Note phone
Samsung's next flagship S22 phone will be, in its own less than subtle phrasing, "noteworthy".
Top 10 TV shows in Australia this week and where to watch them
A fun superhero series, an epic sci-fi and a dark teen drama are among our top picks this week.
Ask an Expert