How to buy Oragenics shares | $0.634
Own Oragenics shares in just a few minutes.
Oragenics, Inc is a biotechnology business with stocks listed in the US. Oragenics shares (OGEN) are listed on the NYSE MKT and all prices are listed in US Dollars. Its last market close was US$0.634 – a decrease of 9.43% over the previous week.
How to buy shares in Oragenics
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Oragenics. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: OGEN. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Oragenics reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$0.634, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Oragenics, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Oragenics. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
Oragenics share priceUse our graph to track the performance of OGEN stocks over time.
Oragenics shares at a glance
|Latest market close||USD$0.634|
|52-week range||USD$0.36 - USD$1.84|
|50-day moving average||USD$0.7957|
|200-day moving average||USD$0.7037|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||USD$-0.511|
Standard brokerage - US shares
Get $0 brokerage on US stocks with trades as little as $50 when you join the world’s biggest social trading network.
- $0 brokerage for US stocks
- Trades starting from $50
- Fractional shares
- Copy top traders
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Oragenics stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Oragenics price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-23)||-3.94%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||-14.32%|
|3 months (2020-06-30)||-8.12%|
|6 months (2020-03-30)||7.46%|
|1 year (2019-09-30)||17.39%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||-44.87%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||50.95%|
|5 years (2015-09-30)||-61.29%|
|Gross profit TTM||US$0|
|Return on assets TTM||-83.52%|
|Return on equity TTM||-150.31%|
|Market capitalisation||US$37.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Shorting Oragenics shares
There are currently 2.3 million Oragenics shares held short by investors – that's known as Oragenics's "short interest". This figure is 41.1% down from 4.0 million last month.
There are a few different ways that this level of interest in shorting Oragenics shares can be evaluated.
Oragenics's "short interest ratio" (SIR)
Oragenics's "short interest ratio" (SIR) is the quantity of Oragenics shares currently shorted divided by the average quantity of Oragenics shares traded daily (recently around 4.1 million). Oragenics's SIR currently stands at 0.57. In other words for every 100,000 Oragenics shares traded daily on the market, roughly 570 shares are currently held short.
However Oragenics's short interest can also be evaluated against the total number of Oragenics shares, or, against the total number of tradable Oragenics shares (the shares that aren't held by "insiders" or major long-term shareholders – also known as the "float"). In this case Oragenics's short interest could be expressed as 0.04% of the outstanding shares (for every 100,000 Oragenics shares in existence, roughly 40 shares are currently held short) or 0.0472% of the tradable shares (for every 100,000 tradable Oragenics shares, roughly 47 shares are currently held short).
Such a low SIR usually points to an optimistic outlook for the share price, with fewer people currently willing to bet against Oragenics.
Find out more about how you can short Oragenics stock.
Oragenics share dividends
We're not expecting Oragenics to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Oragenics's shares ever split?
Oragenics's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 21 January 2018. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Oragenics shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Oragenics shares which in turn could have impacted Oragenics's share price.
Oragenics share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Oragenics's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$0.36 up to US$1.84. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NYSE MKT average) beta is 1, while Oragenics's is 0.5329. This would suggest that Oragenics's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Oragenics, Inc. develops novel antibiotics against infectious diseases and treatments for oral mucositis. It is developing OG716, an antibiotic product candidate, which is in nonclinical testing for healthcare-associated infections, as well as other homolog antibiotic product candidates. The company is also developing AG013, which is in Phase II clinical trial for the treatment of oral mucositis in cancer patients. Its product candidates also comprise LPT3-04, a naturally occurring compound for use in weight loss; and SMaRT Replacement Therapy, a topical treatment applied to the teeth to protect against dental caries, or tooth decay. Oragenics, Inc. has collaboration agreements with Precigen, Inc. and its subsidiary, Intrexon Actobiotics NV to develop AG013; and a license agreement with LPThera LLC to develop LPT3-04. It also has a process development and drug substance manufacturing agreement with Avid Bioservices, Inc. for coronavirus vaccine. The company was formerly known as Oragen, Inc. Oragenics, Inc. was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Tampa, Florida.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert