How to buy Optiscan Imaging (OIL) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Optiscan Imaging shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Optiscan Imaging is a scientific & technical instruments business based in Australia. Optiscan Imaging shares (OIL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Optiscan Imaging has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $2.6 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Optiscan Imaging
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Optiscan Imaging . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: OIL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Optiscan Imaging reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Optiscan Imaging . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
Optiscan Imaging stock price (ASX:OIL)Use our graph to track the performance of OIL stocks over time.
Optiscan Imaging shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.094 - $0.29|
|50-day moving average||$0.1384|
|200-day moving average||$0.1704|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.005|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Optiscan Imaging stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Optiscan Imaging price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-20)||-10.91%|
|1 month (2022-05-27)||-24.62%|
|3 months (2022-03-25)||-38.75%|
|6 months (2021-12-24)||-42.35%|
|1 year (2021-06-25)||-59.17%|
|2 years (2020-06-26)||180.00%|
|3 years (2019-06-27)||68.97%|
|5 years (2017-06-27)||3.16%|
Optiscan Imaging financials
|Revenue TTM||$2.6 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$1.2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-20.36%|
|Return on equity TTM||-34.75%|
|Market capitalisation||$58.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Optiscan Imaging share dividends
We're not expecting Optiscan Imaging to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Optiscan Imaging share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Optiscan Imaging 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.094 up to $0.29. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Optiscan Imaging 's is 2.2423. This would suggest that Optiscan Imaging 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Optiscan Imaging overview
Optiscan Imaging Limited develops and commercializes confocal endomicroscopes for clinical and pre-clinical applications in Australia, the United States, China, and Germany. It offers FIVE2 (ViewnVivo) system, a miniaturized confocal endomicroscopes designed for translational and pre-clinical research. The company also engages in the development of InVivage device for use in cancer screening and surgery. Optiscan Imaging Limited was founded in 1994 and is headquartered in Mulgrave, Australia.
Stocks similar to Optiscan Imaging
Optiscan Imaging in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
How to buy Leo lithium shares
Steps to owning and managing Leo lithium shares.
How to buy Besra Gold (BEZ) shares
Steps to owning and managing Besra Gold shares.
How to buy The Lottery Corporation (TLC) shares
Steps to owning and managing The Lottery Corporation shares.
How to buy BSP Financial Group (BFL) shares
Steps to owning and managing Endeavour Group shares.
Ask an Expert