How to buy Opthea shares
Own Opthea shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Opthea Limited is a biotechnology business based in Australia. Opthea shares (OPT) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Opthea has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $149,575..
How to buy shares in Opthea
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Opthea . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: OPT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Opthea reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $2, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Opthea . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
Opthea share priceUse our graph to track the performance of OPT stocks over time.
Opthea shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.165 - $3.65|
|50-day moving average||$2.0117|
|200-day moving average||$2.3941|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.09|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Opthea stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Opthea price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-18)||-0.50%|
|1 month (2020-12-24)||3.09%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||-14.53%|
|6 months (2020-07-24)||-26.47%|
|1 year (2020-01-24)||-44.60%|
|2 years (2019-01-25)||156.41%|
|3 years (2018-01-24)||214.96%|
|5 years (2016-01-25)||387.80%|
|Gross profit TTM||$-393,700|
|Return on assets TTM||-28.96%|
|Return on equity TTM||-34.46%|
|Market capitalisation||$672 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Opthea share dividends
We're not expecting Opthea to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Opthea 's shares ever split?
Opthea 's shares were split on 15 August 1997.
Opthea share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Opthea 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.165 up to $3.65. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Opthea 's is 0.1553. This would suggest that Opthea 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Opthea Limited, a biotechnology company, develops and commercializes therapies primarily for eye disease in Australia. The company's development activities are based on the intellectual property portfolio covering Vascular Endothelial Growth Factors (VEGF) VEGF-C, VEGF-D, and VEGF Receptor-3 for the treatment of diseases associated with blood and lymphatic vessel growth, as well as vascular leakage. Its lead molecule is OPT-302, a soluble form of VEGFR-3 for the treatment of wet age-related macular degeneration and diabetic macular edema. The company was formerly known as Circadian Technologies Limited and changed its name to Opthea Limited in December 2015. Opthea Limited was incorporated in 1984 and is based in South Yarra, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Best exfoliators in Australia
From the best lip exfoliator to the top product for the body, we rounded up the seven best exfoliators you can get in Australia right now.
Best moisturiser for dry skin in Australia
From the best overall face moisturiser for dry skin to the best body moisturiser, hand moisturiser and tinted moisturiser for dry skin, these are the best 7 moisturisers for dry skin you can buy in Australia right now.
Best RC planes in Australia
From the best RC plane for beginners to the top model for aerial photography, these are the six best RC planes in Australia right now.
How to buy Opthea units | A$51.67
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Opthea units | A$52.89
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Opthea units | A$104.57
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Opthea units | A$24.01
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Opthea units | A$90.36
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Opthea units | A$17.23
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Opthea units | A$75.54
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
Ask an Expert