How to buy Openpay Group shares | A$2.96
Own Openpay Group shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Openpay Group Ltd is an information technology services business based in Australia. Openpay Group shares (OPY) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $2.96 – a decrease of 3.58% over the previous week. Openpay Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $18 million.
How to buy shares in Openpay Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Openpay Group . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: OPY. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Openpay Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $2.96, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Openpay Group . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
How has coronavirus impacted Openpay Group 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Openpay Group 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $2.96, which is 58.78% up on its pre-crash value of $1.22 and 825.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.32.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Openpay Group shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $266.67 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $2,466.66.
Openpay Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of OPY stocks over time.
Openpay Group shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$2.96|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.32 - AUDA$4.98|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$3.295|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$2.4431|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.2772|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Openpay Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Openpay Group price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-13)||-3.58%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||-0.67%|
|3 months (2020-07-20)||-25.25%|
|6 months (2020-04-20)||322.86%|
|1 year (2019-10-16)||N/A|
|2 years (2018-10-16)||N/A|
|3 years (2017-10-16)||N/A|
|5 years (2015-10-16)||N/A|
Openpay Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$18 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$-3,224,608|
|Return on assets TTM||-28.28%|
|Return on equity TTM||-104.36%|
|Market capitalisation||$326.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Openpay Group share dividends
We're not expecting Openpay Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Openpay Group overview
Openpay Group Ltd provides Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) payment solutions in Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. The company partners with merchants to provide BNPL repayment plans to customers through in-store, in-app, and online channels, as well as facilitates increased transaction values and conversion rates for merchants at checkout. It also offers Openpay for Business, a software as a service portal that enables enterprise customers to manage trade accounts end to end, including applications, credit checks, approvals, and account management in one system. The company serves in healthcare, automotive, home improvement, and retail sectors. Openpay has strategic partnership with ezyVet to extend payment plans to fur babies. Openpay Group Ltd was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert