How to buy OncoSil Medical shares
Own OncoSil Medical shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
OncoSil Medical Limited is a medical devices business based in Australia. OncoSil Medical shares (OSL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. OncoSil Medical has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $2.8 million.
How to buy shares in OncoSil Medical
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for OncoSil Medical . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: OSL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until OncoSil Medical reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.135, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of OncoSil Medical . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
How has coronavirus impacted OncoSil Medical 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, OncoSil Medical 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.135, which is 18.18% down on its pre-crash value of $0.165 and 64.63% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.082.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of OncoSil Medical shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $514.29 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $771.43.
OncoSil Medical share priceUse our graph to track the performance of OSL stocks over time.
OncoSil Medical shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.082 - $0.215|
|50-day moving average||$0.1286|
|200-day moving average||$0.1188|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.014|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy OncoSil Medical stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
OncoSil Medical price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-07)||3.85%|
|1 month (2020-12-17)||3.85%|
|3 months (2020-10-16)||-3.57%|
|6 months (2020-07-17)||17.39%|
|1 year (2020-01-16)||-25.00%|
|2 years (2019-01-16)||-15.63%|
|3 years (2018-01-16)||-6.90%|
|5 years (2016-01-15)||-43.75%|
OncoSil Medical financials
|Revenue TTM||$2.8 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$2.8 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-15.55%|
|Return on equity TTM||-26.17%|
|Market capitalisation||$116 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
OncoSil Medical share dividends
We're not expecting OncoSil Medical to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
OncoSil Medical share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, OncoSil Medical 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.082 up to $0.215. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while OncoSil Medical 's is 0.3103. This would suggest that OncoSil Medical 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
OncoSil Medical overview
OncoSil Medical Limited, a medical device company, focuses on the development of localized treatments for pancreatic and liver cancer in Australia. Its lead product is OncoSil, a brachytherapy device that implants a pre-determined dose of beta radiation directly into cancerous tissue for the treatment of cancer. The company was formerly known as NeuroDiscovery Limited and changed its name to OncoSil Medical Limited in June 2013. OncoSil Medical Limited is headquartered in North Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy OncoSil Medical units | A$51.7
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy OncoSil Medical units | A$52.97
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy OncoSil Medical units | A$102.29
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy OncoSil Medical units | A$23.73
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy OncoSil Medical units | A$88.25
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy OncoSil Medical units | A$16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy OncoSil Medical units | A$74.89
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy OncoSil Medical units | A$50.91
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy OncoSil Medical units | A$9.43
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert