How to buy Oilex (OEX) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Oilex shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Oilex Ltd is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Oilex shares (OEX) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Oilex has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $16,653. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Oilex
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Oilex . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: OEX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Oilex reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Oilex . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Oilex stock price (ASX:OEX)Use our graph to track the performance of OEX stocks over time.
Oilex shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.001 - $0.008|
|50-day moving average||$0.0043|
|200-day moving average||$0.0043|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Oilex stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Oilex price performance over time
|1 week (2021-10-19)||-11.11%|
|1 month (2021-09-24)||0.004|
|3 months (2021-07-26)||0.004|
|6 months (2021-04-26)||-20.00%|
|1 year (2020-10-26)||100.00%|
|2 years (2019-10-23)||0.004|
|3 years (2018-10-25)||33.33%|
|5 years (2016-10-26)||-50.00%|
|Gross profit TTM||$-140,259|
|Return on assets TTM||-8.3%|
|Return on equity TTM||-26.94%|
|Market capitalisation||$28.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Oilex share dividends
We're not expecting Oilex to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Oilex share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Oilex 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.001 up to $0.008. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Oilex 's is 1.484. This would suggest that Oilex 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Oilex Ltd engages in the exploration for, appraisal, development, production, and sale of oil and gas in Australia, India, and Indonesia. It primarily holds 100% interest in the Cambay field located in the Cambay basin, onshore Gujarat, India. Oilex Ltd was incorporated in 1997 and is headquartered in West Perth, Australia.
Stocks similar to Oilex
Oilex in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Valkyrie Bitcoin Strategy ETF (BTFD) units
Steps to owning and managing ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF units from Australia.
How to buy XBTF ETF units
Steps to investing in and managing VanEck Bitcoin Strategy ETF units.
Why has the Wesfarmers (WES) share price lifted?
Shares in the owner of Bunnings and Officeworks have lost more than 15% since the full year results in August.
How to invest in the Orange Minerals IPO
Everything we know about the Orange Minerals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Biome Australia IPO
Everything we know about the Biome Australia IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy BITO ETF units | $40.58
Steps to owning and managing ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF units.
Why is the AMP share price looking up today?
Shares in the wealth management giant have been largely stable in the last 6 months.
How to invest in the Judo Capital Holdings IPO
Everything we know about the Judo Capital Holdings IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Alloggio Group IPO
Everything we know about the Alloggio Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Larvotto Resources IPO
Everything we know about the Larvotto Resources IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert